StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you find that your sidestand/kickstand is too short? Do you STRUGGLE to right the bike if you are parked on small down & left sloping grade? Here's my answer to that! Instead of placing blocks & 2x4s under your sidestand, trace the outline of your sidestand's footprint onto a stiff piece of paper, then retrace that outline onto a standard hockey puck.

Use a bandsaw - preferably power - to cut the puck to the the proper shape.

Drill 2 holes thru the "foot" of the sidestand, and use 2 stainless steel bolts with nylock nuts to bolt the new "puck foot" to the base of the stand. I cannot recall the length & width of the bolts needed, but it's very easy to determine that by just looking.

I countersunk the heads of the bolts inside the puck by drilling a larger hole on the bottom side of the puck.

A very easy project, and that ONE EXTRA INCH of sidestand makes raising your bike from a left/down incline a BREEZE to accomplish!

See these 3 pics!

·
Registered
14,865 Posts
I do believe this may have been mentioned before. I get 1 1/2 inch out of my 2X4 block of wood.
Does it interfere with your center stand?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do believe this may have been mentioned before. I get 1 1/2 inch out of my 2X4 block of wood.
Does it interfere with your center stand?
A TINY bit .... but nothing to bother me. Still much better than the short stand to begin with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts