StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I just picked up my 05 Vee today, pretty excited to get it out for a ride.
I previously owned a 03 Kawasaki ZR7-S, and before that, my first bike, a 03 gs500.

Looking forward to being part of the stromtrooper community

here are a few pics of my bikes

thanks
Dave

·
Ex- moderator
1,131 Posts
Looks like bay of fundy in the background....izzit?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is, technically it is cobequid bay, I have a nice pic of the opposite tide as well from the same spot

·
Registered
588 Posts
Welcome to the club!

Have a peek thru dualsport.ca for some of the local rides. A lot of the Troopers from here also lurk and join in on the rides there.

Hope to see you out there as soon as the salt's off the roads.

Jeff

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, I picked it up in Halifax, And I believe the previous owner before him imported it new from New Hampshire

·
Registered
588 Posts
No, I picked it up in Halifax, And I believe the previous owner before him imported it new from New Hampshire
Pretty sure I saw that one posted on Kijiji, I keep an eye on any "strom" posts. You'd be surprise how many people sell Blackberry Stroms (sic) on there. ;)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have been watching kijiji for stroms for a few months, even checking NB PEI and NFLD, even as far as Quebec, but there wasnt many at all in my price range.
there really wasn't many used ones for sale at all around here

·
Registered
588 Posts
I have been watching kijiji for stroms for a few months, even checking NB PEI and NFLD, even as far as Quebec, but there wasnt many at all in my price range.
Same here. Took almost a year to find mine. Came from a very devoted owner in Annapolis Royal. Been happy as a pig in $hit with it ever since. He said he still lurks here and I hope he does. He really didn't want to sell the bike and stood there and watched as we drove away. I hope he's seen some the fun I've had with it since.

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Nailed it!

Hi Guys, ...

Looking forward to being part of the stromtrooper community ...
I think that is the best part, NSdave.

I have been cordially welcomed by Stromtroopers in three provinces,
including the two furthest apart, and three widely separated states.

I have ridden with Stromtroopers and found them to be capable,
patient (e.g. when I needed to delay a large ride for some hydraulic relief),
amusing, and quick to help a buddy whose bike has graciously tripped.

So check with Stromtroopers before you go touring, and you will find
advice (put reflective tape on your helmet in Vermont) and folks to ride
and eat with, perhaps accomodation, and cordial communication always.

For an example of all the above, visit Florida.
Welcome to the ranks of the assimilated. Resistance was futile, eh?
Keith

·
Registered
179 Posts
Welcome Dave it's good to see another addition to the Novi crowd. I bought my 2006 Wee off Kijiji last fall from a young fellow near Kentville. He now has a 2012 Adventure model and I'm loving the '06. They're great bikes. I'm near Mahone Bay on the South Shore, let me know if you get down this way.

Earl

·
Registered
313 Posts
Welcome Dave.
You are going to love the Strom and the places it will take you!!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am quite surprised to see so many Nova Scotians on here, We will have to set up a NS meet sometime this summer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts