StromTrooper banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See Fierodudes regional club link just below this link for details on a July 18th Irish Hills ride. Would be great if we could get 15 or so stroms gathered!!!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Details of July 18th ride

We'll be meeting at noon on July 18th at the gas station just south of I-94 exit 150 (Grass Lake). The tentative plan is to ride the Irish Hills area.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Last ride we did through the area, we left the meeting point at about 12:30 and rode until around 4, with a 20-30 minute break about halfway through. We covered about 110 miles on a mix of both paved and gravel roads.
The Irish Hills area is the area around Brooklyn, Chelsea, Hell, etc.
Popnfresh mapped out our last ride and posted the links here: http://www.stromtrooper.com/showpost.php?p=421574&postcount=49

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Irish Hills Ride

I"ll offer to lead the group around the Irish Hills area on the 18th. I lived in the area for 25 plus years. My route would cover twistie roads both gravel and paved in 3 counties. Jackson, Hillsdale and Lenawee.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I should be able to make it Saturday, at least for the first half of the ride.

·
Registered
981 Posts
There are some nice roads up that way.

I'll try to catch the next one.
Have fun up north! Hopefully we'll see you for the August ride!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Forming a regional "club" - MI, IN, OH, ONT

Please note that this thread is the same ride plan as currently active in the North America "Midwest" thread titled "Forming a regional "club" - MI, IN, OH, ONT" Please go to that thread for the latest updates on the July 18th Irish Hills ride.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Last time around, we did a pretty even mix of dirt roads and pavement. None of it was difficult or in poor condition. I will also add the note that it had rained earlier, which helped pack things a bit and kept the dust down.

Depends on how comfortable your buddy is on dirt, lol. My friend with Triumph T-Bird was debating it, as well, until his wife give him his chores list for the weekend.

Awesome.

Are we making this open to just V-Stroms (any dirt riding?) or can I see if my buddy on a Valkyrie wants to join in?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Just checking in. Bike ran fine on the way home. But sure would be nice to know why the hell it didn't earlier in the day!

Nice to meet everybody!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts