StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a new wee strom owner, I am curious as to how many wee & vee members live here in or near Victoria B.C., or Vancouver Island for that matter.. ? I know only of a couple but have seen a good number of them in my travels.,

Cheers, tim

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Long Way, give it a few days. Not everyone checks the forum every day. There are a number of Island riders, and probably a couple real close to you too.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Longway, there are dozens of Stroms in this town. See them everyday all over the place. However it seems only a miniscule % of them post here.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
long way ,are them givi 36 litres you have on your bike, exactly what i want too get,how are they? can u use one of them as a top case for short trips? from what i have seen they are the way too go, how much for the mounting stuff ,do you have the top mount as well? i fugure about 1500 too get all three bags is that correct,i plan too get two,then use one on top for short day use,

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
long way ,are them givi 36 litres you have on your bike, exactly what i want too get,how are they? can u use one of them as a top case for short trips? from what i have seen they are the way too go, how much for the mounting stuff ,do you have the top mount as well? i fugure about 1500 too get all three bags is that correct,i plan too get two,then use one on top for short day use,
Hey there,

Yes, they are the Givi e-36's. I like them because they are the most "utilitarian" cases that Givi makes, & less exspensive than aluminum cases. I got a pretty good deal because I just bought the bike there. I paid $598. taxes incl. otd for the two bags, & all the mounting hardware. Super easy to instaul, between a half hour to an hour if you take your time. I am goint to get the top case as well but not sure if I want the same or tha e-45. I really like them, good price, & not bad looking at all. They seem to be very popular on the Stroms. Great bang for the buck. I'm pretty sure that the'd be cheaper than $1500. for all three but I didn't get the cost for the top case & mount.

Cheers

·
Registered
222 Posts
How long have you had your bike? I seen quite a few Stroms running around Vic. Only a few post here.
How about a June 16 Strom ride, anyone up for it?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Longway, there are dozens of Stroms in this town. See them everyday all over the place. However it seems only a miniscule % of them post here.
There's a guy on a red strom that lurks somewhere in Esquimalt - I've seen him twice heading into and out of E-town, on Admirals.

There's a silver one floating about and at least three blue 'uns, including mine.

·
Registered
136 Posts
How about a 9am departure to the Clam bucket for lunch in Port Alberni.
We can meet at Tim Horton's by Costco.
Fascinating destination.
Now, I ask the critical question: route? Cuz if you guys hangaleft at highway 18 and go through the Lake Cowichan way, that'd be up my alley.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Fascinating destination.
Now, I ask the critical question: route? Cuz if you guys hangaleft at highway 18 and go through the Lake Cowichan way, that'd be up my alley.

That is a nice way to go if your in the lead, I prefer to take my Jeep on those roads, too many hung-over yahoo's taking mom's SUV on four wheel drifts.

·
Registered
136 Posts
That is a nice way to go if your in the lead, I prefer to take my Jeep on those roads, too many hung-over yahoo's taking mom's SUV on four wheel drifts.
Fah. Lots'a space. Did that route a gazillion times in my ol' camping truck (one of the vehicles the Wee is s'pozed to replace.) Never had a problem. Deer at night were more of a problem... but only slightly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts