StromTrooper banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend took this picture for me this morning because I ride around with my bicycle also.

Anyone know who this is?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I'm not whether I want to congratulate them on being so inventive or cringe......LOL

Well, OK....CONGRATULATIONS on figuring a way to bring your own emergency travel option with you!

jeff

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
I was never fond of bike mounts that force one to eliminate the top case - usually the only locking luggage that will swallow up a helmet.

I'm in the planning stages of mounting a Thule bike tray to my left passenger peg, and securing the rear portion of the tray to my sidecase rack. I've already determined that with the front wheel off, the bike tucks very nicely into the left side of the Strom. That way, I'll be able to mount the bike so that the right handlebar extends over the passenger seat airspace, allowing the bike to be mounted close to the motorcycle (will attach front wheel to bike with straps, or some fastening tech).

Having the bicycle on the side, will alleviate much of the "giant sail" effect you usually see with top rack mounted bicycles. I will still have access to my top case, and my remaining pelican side bag on the right side - for bike clothing/gear. I'll post pictures when it becomes reality.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use to think I was a nut for riding around with my bike, but after searching around on here there are quite a few of us!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I was never fond of bike mounts that force one to eliminate the top case - usually the only locking luggage that will swallow up a helmet.

I'm in the planning stages of mounting a Thule bike tray to my left passenger peg, and securing the rear portion of the tray to my sidecase rack. I've already determined that with the front wheel off, the bike tucks very nicely into the left side of the Strom. That way, I'll be able to mount the bike so that the right handlebar extends over the passenger seat airspace, allowing the bike to be mounted close to the motorcycle (will attach front wheel to bike with straps, or some fastening tech).

Having the bicycle on the side, will alleviate much of the "giant sail" effect you usually see with top rack mounted bicycles. I will still have access to my top case, and my remaining pelican side bag on the right side - for bike clothing/gear. I'll post pictures when it becomes reality.
That is EXACTLY what I am planning for mine as well. Cant decide if I should buy a pre-made rack setup or pre-fab my own!

I figure with some basic metal skills, one can come up with a way to quick release a bike rack to the same mounting locations as panniers.

Definintely post up - I am working on it as well.

Besides - check out
http://www.stromtrooper.com/v-strom...ce/71963-v-strom-side-mount-bicycle-rack.html

2x2 Cycles Motorcycle Bike Rack & Motorcycle Golf Bag Carrier | Bicycle Carriers | PashnitMoto

http://www.stromtrooper.com/v-strom-modifications-performance/51330-v-strom-woody-bicycle-rack.html

http://www.stromtrooper.com/v-strom-modifications-performance/58833-bombproof-bicycle-rack.html

·
Registered
39 Posts
I use to think I was a nut for riding around with my bike, but after searching around on here there are quite a few of us!
Hey jdubyap, I'm running the "woody" bike rack on my orange '09 wee. Carrying a white GF 29er FS. Might see you around. I'm in N. Phoenix and get up you way occasionally to ride Sedona and Mt Elden. :thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey jdubyap, I'm running the "woody" bike rack on my orange '09 wee. Carrying a white GF 29er FS. Might see you around. I'm in N. Phoenix and get up you way occasionally to ride Sedona and Mt Elden. :thumbup:
Holy Moly! Our bikes are nearly twins! Let me know next time you're in the area and want company to ride with!

Nice setup!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts