StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 2005 wee and it has no documentation. I notice that Amazon has a few different titles. I'd hate to waste my money on something that's not of much value. Does anyone have any suggestions as to which one to get?

·
Registered
21 Posts
it depends on what you need.
if you need a service manual is one thing
and an owners manual for the basics is another
therefore the difference in pricing is that
the first one has almost 700 pages
and the second has about 70+ pages.

·
Premium Member
2,990 Posts
Dealers can probably order you a Workshop Manual, but expect to pay $60-$75. Distributing (and fostering) downloaded (Pirated) manuals are BIG TABOO here on the site......the Moderators will step in quickly. I searched Ebay and they seem to have plenty of USED Factory Workshop Manuals there for about $40. The older, original manuals have a yellow band across the front, usually with punched holes to place it in a 3-ring binder.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thanks for asking this question. I need to find one also. If anyone knows where I can get one and hopefully cheaper than Ebay pm me and let me know. I have an 04 Vee.. Thanks. Love this site...

·
Registered
628 Posts
Dealers can probably order you a Workshop Manual, but expect to pay $60-$75. ... .
The price is closer to $95. for a new shop manual but, IMO, it is very well done and worth the cost if you plan to do much of your own maintenance and repair.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I bought my 2011 DL650 at the end of January last year. After the final price was negotiated, I told the salesman that I would buy the bike that day if they would include a service manual. They did, I did.

As an aside, the bike has 17,500 miles on it now and has never been back to the dealer. It won't, either, as long as I own it. :yesnod:

Ron :mrgreen:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts