StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took off from the light in 1st, as shifting to 2cnd the motor shut off suddenly, display is down, lights and turn signals are ok, turns over but no fuel pump action. checked fuses, is it the control unit?? any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
The first thing I'd do is check the battery terminal connections.

How old is the battery?

A little more info on the bike might help, too.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Do you have a clock, a CHEC or an FI at the clock position.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The battery is in good shape, getting ~12V on the vot meter.

The bike is a all stock 2006 dl650, ~12,000 miles never had an issue.....

only thing I didnt mention is that my heated glove connector was turned on and the gloves weren't connected, but this has happened before without issue.

Thanks for the response...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not sure what you mean, yes there is a clock on the display, but it is not on any more.....

sorry about the message, I hasnt seen this post.....thanks for the help

·
Registered
899 Posts
I guess if you are in Reno, then there is not much chance that you were riding in a hard rain storm at the time?

·
38,103 Posts
If there is no clock on the display now, the display is not getting power. This is a very strange problem. Whatever happened, power was lost to some functions but not others without blowing a fuse. The bike will run with no power to the instrument panel if everything else is okay.

The usual cause for the fuel pump not running is the kill switch or side stand switch. I would normally suspect the side stand switch for a fault happening on a shift out of or past neutral but that switch not making contact would not allow the bike to crank. Without the instruments, clues to the problem are unavailable as a CHEC or FI signal giving information on the problem can't be seen.

The red wire with a white stripe is the power link I see that may be involved. Are you absolutely sure fuse #3 is okay? If so, I would check for power from the black wire with a red stripe off the ignition switch.

·
38,103 Posts
Got a PM and a followup at VSRI. The #3 fuse was blown.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts