StromTrooper banner

41 - 60 of 430 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Very good question. That, or the current owner could post on "Last Page".

'cough' :mod2_dots: Current location, Atlanta, GA.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Thanks Snooze . I had been meaning to add it to my sig line so it would remain on the surface . Wouldn't be a bad idea for the current holders of the Cacge/Tag to maybe do that as well if they wanted to . It would be a great help .

I was a bit worried about you Snooze . Hadn't seen you post in a few days . Glad all is well .

PO

·
Cat Herder
2,480 Posts
If you can get it to northern Idaho or western Montana I'll get it the rest of the way to the Pacific and maybe even down to the plethora of strommers in Oregon.

I've been looking for a good reason to get more miles under me. If I tell the wife I am riding 600 miles to pick something up from a fellow rider it makes more sense to her than when I blindly point at a map and say I'll be back in a few hours (or before dinner).

·
Registered
853 Posts
Very good question. That, or the current owner could post on "Last Page".

'cough' :mod2_dots: Current location, Atlanta, GA.
:confused:
Wasn't it supposed to be handed off or stashed within 72 hours?

If it's stashed, aren't there supposed to be GPS coordinates?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
An avid Utah Stromtrooper, 2mstone, is headed on a midwinter adventure from Utah to Alabama this weekend. Here's his post showing his planned route:

http://www.stromtrooper.com/showthread.php?p=337822#post337822

I'd love to see him get it and bring it back to the Rockies. Even though it's winter, I'm pretty confident it could get to the West Coast fairly quickly if 2mstone got a hold of it. He could also pass it along to some of you along his route. I'll point him to this thread.

BTW, I just barely found this thread. Great idea! I think it should be a sticky on the General Discussion page for better visibility. Even though it's a US/Canada thing, I think there would be general interest in following the travels and pics.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Good suggestion Satch, thanks for the link!

Sooooo...... who has it now? I'll be in Dothan, Alabama over Christmas. I can meet anywhere within a few hours ride from there, but not much farther than that as my daughter has a lot of plans for me while I'm there.

Also....if this works out, if you are along my route back might want to give me a heads up so I can hand off the goods. If I understand the rules correctly, I should pass it off before I get to Southern Utah as I will be trailering my bike home from there.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
:confused:
Wasn't it supposed to be handed off or stashed within 72 hours?

If it's stashed, aren't there supposed to be GPS coordinates?

Yeah , we sort of wavied some of that Banjo simply due to the Holiday season and the really cold weather . Maybe if it gets out of Atlanta some time soon we can see it move along some .

Snooze has been campaigning pretty hard to get toms folks in the vicinity to come and meet up with him , but seems folks are pinned down by the holidays .

I am gonna put in my sig line who has it and where it is . Maybe we could ask the folks who have it in play to do the same to prevent folks from wondering where it is all the time . Having it in the first post would make things confusing for those who log on for the first time via the thread getting bumped and clicking on most recent post .

Something like this sig line .

·
Registered
124 Posts
Good suggestion Satch, thanks for the link!

I'll be in Dothan, Alabama over Christmas. I can meet anywhere within a few hours ride from there, but not much farther than that as my daughter has a lot of plans for me while I'm there.

How long will you be in Dothan, just the 25th or a couple days extra? I'd love to see this make it as far as the Rockies!

Since a couple people asked, yeah, I've had it a while now. Nobody in north Georgia spoke up, and I'd hate to hide it under some rock before people are actually looking for it. I let PO-Sloke and RidgeRunner know, and they agreed. Nothing says "fun" like a little box full of mud in the middle of nowhere. :mrgreen:

I'll send a PM. Utah! This is great news!

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
How long will you be in Dothan, just the 25th or a couple days extra? I'd love to see this make it as far as the Rockies!

Since a couple people asked, yeah, I've had it a while now. Nobody in north Georgia spoke up, and I'd hate to hide it under some rock before people are actually looking for it. I let PO-Sloke and RidgeRunner know, and they agreed. Nothing says "fun" like a little box full of mud in the middle of nowhere. :mrgreen:

I'll send a PM. Utah! This is great news!
Looks like this will work. Just one more reason to be excited for this trip! :D

·
Registered
853 Posts
Looks like this will work. Just one more reason to be excited for this trip! :D
You're riding from Utah in mid winter!!
:skep:

PO-SLOKE said:
When the Cache Box Tag is acquired by a rider , he needs to get GPS coordinates of where he got it , a photo of the Cache Box and his V-STROM and of course the rider in the photo .

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Hey Snooze...when you pick a time and place for us to meet, how about posting it here - maybe some other Strommers would want to join us for a eat, meet, and greet.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hey, if it gets anywhere near me in NW Arkansas (Eureka Springs) let me know and I will meet whomever has it. The game is afoot!

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Snooze, Have you picked a time/place to meet? I'll check here again when I get to Dothan. Or before if I get to another puter.
Merry Christmas!
:D

·
Registered
124 Posts
2mStone, I found a couple bbq places and a couple Waffle Houses in Columbus, depending what time of day we can get there. According to yellowpages.com, the IHOP in Columbus has 5-star customer reviews. :rolleyes: And I thought the Georgia-Alabama state line would be Cracker Barrel country. I'll PM you through the site and TXT your cell in a day or two.

Everybody have a Merry Christmas! Be safe out there.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
2mStone, I found a couple bbq places and a couple Waffle Houses in Columbus, depending what time of day we can get there. According to yellowpages.com, the IHOP in Columbus has 5-star customer reviews. :rolleyes: And I thought the Georgia-Alabama state line would be Cracker Barrel country. I'll PM you through the site and TXT your cell in a day or two.

Everybody have a Merry Christmas! Be safe out there.
Sounds good, I'm here in Dothan. Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Columbus, Ga 12/27 for breakfast

We'll be at the Cracker Barrel in Columbus, GA around 9:30 on 12/27/08, in case anybody wants to swing by from Florida or Alabama. 1500 Bradley Park Dr, only one in town. May be bringing a few family along from Dothan and Atlanta. Got to love the holidays! :bom_balloon: :bom_antlers: :bom_party2: :bom_hair2: :bom_balloon::bom_balloon:

Best of luck to 2mstone on a return trip all the way to the Rockies. Sounds like a great ride. Totally jealous!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)
OK . I think I might be solmewhat Kornfused so help me out here folks . Is the Tag/Caceh about to be passed off , or has it been passed off . Poor ol' Snooze has worked so hard to get someone to get this thing rolling . 2mstone , looks like you guys are trying to hook up and get it in play . Where ya gonna take it . Rumor has it that you are planning a trip to AZ .

If it has passed from Snooze to 2mstone , what are the chances we can get pics of the two riders .

[ edit ] Ok , I am a dunce , I just now saw where it will pass 12/27 . I have been under WAY WAY WAY to much stress lately folks . You'll have to forgive me for being a little goofy . LOL

PO

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Check this out guys . ADV-FAMILY has done a little creative thing to help us visually track the movement of the Tag/Cache . ADV-FAM sent me a pm of a google map with direct line travel of the Tag/Cache so far . I think ADV-FAM is gonna post it up in the thread for all to see . Pretty cool stuff too . For now , here is a link of the initial effort . http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=118183908482981561298.00045efa9f0d1be98897e&ll=33.92513,-83.71582&spn=5.404459,11.645508&t=p&z=7

ADV-FAM , hope you don't mind me posting up the link . Just wanted folks to get a sneak peek is all . Good thing man , keep it going .

PO

41 - 60 of 430 Posts