StromTrooper banner

21 - 40 of 430 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Well Mr. snooze must have wanted it pretty badly, he rode about 200 miles one way to pick it up. Good job snooze next time I guess that I am coming to HOTlanta. Well we met at one of the finest eateries in SC.

Snooze beat me there (aint that sad) he had 200 miles to go and I had 20. Felt bad about the lopsided miles but with my crazy schedule we just never could met up so he manned up and took the ride.
snooze

The Bikes

snooze is a pretty cool cat and I hate that he missed his beloved LSU getting beaten by Arkansas. (Nah I dont know who won just poking). Anyway hope U made it back for the hockey game and got home safe.
Well I rode the cache about 500 miles while I had it and here is where it rode.

Hopefully we will get more people invovled with this thing I would like to see it in Washington State around the spring time so I can have an excuse for a ride then :). Keep it in the deep south until the Yanks thaw out and then we will take it up there to them :p:p.
Well good meeting U snooze hope U got home safely and your Predators won thier fight errrrr hockey game.

RR

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Cool deal and GREAT job guys . As for the miles , Snooze didn't really ride that much further than you did . I mean he did 200 , you did 20 . That's only ZERO miles difference isn't it ? LOL
RR is back home safe , so let's here from you Snooze . Post up your trip report and chime on in so we know you made it Bro . Pass that puppy on to some of those good old Ga boys . Hec , for that matter , recruit one of those sweet little Georgia Peached to haul it around for a while . LOL
Yep , Mr. Snnoze seemed to really want that Tag . He pm'd me with big hopes of his HOTlanta pals wanting a run at it too .

PO-SLOKE

·
Registered
124 Posts
Welllllll, my weekend in NC got rained out. I got to watch my Tigers and the Hogs trade a couple scores over lunch, then rush home in time to see the Tigers give up a last-minute touchdown. The game in my head along the road was WAY more interesting!

Would you believe that, on the day after Thanksgiving, traffic on the interstate was blowing along between 80 and 90 mph from Greenville to Atlanta?! There were LEOs, of course, but the five or six victims I saw didn't hold up the rest of us at all. The rain started not 25min from home, but I had the good luck to get off the road and suit up before it got miserable. The Wee got an even 50mpg, going 85mph with hard bags on.

I didn't get any decent pics taken except one of the fine eatery that hosted our gathering and one of Ridgerunner. Ridge's a great guy, and he made use of at least three different terrains getting from the street to the parking slot next to me! [ Studtrooper. :mod2_scooter: ] Really glad to put a face and a handshake to a name. Apparently there's quite a little corps of Troopers in NC. NC's a good 2-3hrs for me, regardless of my route, but I'll have to get up there soon to meet some of you guys anyway. That's all you guys need, an Atlanta rider finding a NC tag!

Oh, apparently, I'm not tall enough to suffer a buffeting problem or heavy enough to hate the stock seat. :roll: whatever! I didn't touch the ground until I put hard cases on, so I'm just grateful to be upright at the end of the day.

I would NEVER have expected so many scooters in Travelers Rest, SC! Unbelievable. I've been at LSU, Vanderbilt, Georgia Tech; I passed more scooters on the street in Travelers Rest. I feel a little bad for all the "200-mile" sympathy. It really only came out to about 160. I don't think I'm ready to ride this up to Washington state, yet.

Oh, Predators 4-3 in OT on a goal by Ryan Suter. Whale of a game. Lots of Nashville jerseys for an Atlanta home game.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Awesome Mr. Snooze . Glad you got back safe and LEO didn't give you one of his performance reports along the way . I worried a bit about you getting back , so glad your all home safe . Looks like you need to ride more often during the ball games so the excitement level isn't so disoppointing . LOL .

PO

R

·
0 Posts
Oh, apparently, I'm not tall enough to suffer a buffeting problem or heavy enough to hate the stock seat. :roll: whatever! I didn't touch the ground until I put hard cases on, so I'm just grateful to be upright at the end of the day..
Come on snooze I didnt hurt your feelings did I. I mean you are the size of person that this bike was designed for is all that I was saying. Dont worry we all come in different sizes. :p:p.

RR

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Yo Snooze ,

RR is just jealous . He's so tall he rides along cutting a groove in the ozone layer . Me ..... I'm so wide a shcool bus takes a ditch to let me around . I like the buffeting . Of course I don't have a choice so I like it . LOL

If you think you saw allot of scooters in Travelers Rest today , you oughta see this area in summer months . It's covered up with bikes . By the way , anybody know what time of year the Strom Rally is that happens at Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground ?

You ought to meet English Fred . It simply make me envious to see how he fits his Strom . That dude can't weigh 120 lbs and isn't very tall . Built like that and riding a D1k ? Not even fair . That D1K of Freds doesn't even know he is back there . That bike could drop a cylinder and half foul the running cylinder plug and still could blaze around me . Never mind Fred is an ol' Iron Man Time Trials racer .

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
BR Vstrom Rally

Yo Snooze ,

RR is just jealous . He's so tall he rides along cutting a groove in the ozone layer . Me ..... I'm so wide a shcool bus takes a ditch to let me around . I like the buffeting . Of course I don't have a choice so I like it . LOL

If you think you saw allot of scooters in Travelers Rest today , you oughta see this area in summer months . It's covered up with bikes . By the way , anybody know what time of year the Strom Rally is that happens at Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground ?

You ought to meet English Fred . It simply make me envious to see how he fits his Strom . That dude can't weigh 120 lbs and isn't very tall . Built like that and riding a D1k ? Not even fair . That D1K of Freds doesn't even know he is back there . That bike could drop a cylinder and half foul the running cylinder plug and still could blaze around me . Never mind Fred is an ol' Iron Man Time Trials racer .
Po-Sloke,
If you are referring to the Vstrom rally "East" I guess, it is May 14-16, 2009 at the Ironhorse Motorcycle campgrounds.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Thanks Bright Side . I will look into that one for sure . But I was also under the impression that there was one held @ Cruso,NC each year . I must have gotten misinformed on that one . Thanks , PO

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Snooze ,

I just hit the submit reply key to a long winded reply post and it went POOF and was gone . How irritating . For now , that sounds totally cool . Although I was trying to post something with a twist to it . I ain't gonna retype all that right now but will in a bit . LOL .

Good job on hanging in there , Wes

[EDIT]

Snooze ,

I got your pm . I say we look at it this way . The biggest reason we went with the Geocache/Travle bug thing is so in the event folks wanted to pass it off but weren't gonna be in the same area at the same time , they could cache it with a plan in mind until the new carrier could put it in play .
Now , considering the fact that the riding season if pretty much over for SANE people , let jsut get you to hang on to it . BUT .... let's still keep it in play while you have it . In other words , if you take it for a day or weekend ride , or even if you get so bored you ride to Wally World to pick the wife up a box of Bon Bons , let's see a ride report .
In fact , take it to Granny's for Christmas let us all meet the Kin Folk . Ifin I were you , I'd use it for a Christmas Tree ornament anytime you are not riding with it . Even if you don't ride the Strom to Granny's wear it on yer neck and let us see all the good food with the fam . Please , NO shower photos though . LOL .
If you get the jest of it , just be creative and have some fun keeping us posted with words and pics . If you run into a fellow Trooper wanting the Cache/Tag , just hook him up and post up . If you are in Flipadelhia Fla and have it with you and run into a Trooper there and didn't ride the Strom to Granny's , I guess you could ride two up for a bit and then pass it off .
A couple of things though . Just let's make sure we get photos of a Strom in the passing , and don't forget the box , the lil log book and a trinket for whoever you pass it on to . Again , geocaching is a last resort and pretty much prefered if we know another Trooper is in pursuit of it . The idea is to keep us posted on the holders status in general until it gets passed . No electric chair here for doing things a bit diff . Just be creative and have fun . Oh yeah , if you pass it on to another Strommer , let's be sure he is logged on as a member on THIS FORUM . Strom Trooper .com is the Cache/Tag's home . Prolly didn't need to say that but thought I'd mention it .

Good on ya Snooze , Wes

If someone would be so kind as to second the motion , we are ' IN Play " . PO

·
Registered
39 Posts
GPS Units

:confused: I'm uneducated when it comes to GPS units, and I haven't found much on the site about them and what people use. Maybe those of you who are more informed could point me in the right direction on a good choice of units and mounting setups.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
R

·
0 Posts
This is view 1300 and noone wants to meet up with snooze and take the cache somewhere. Heck I thought it would be cool to see if we could get this thing out to the left coast. What gives noone ride during the winter or what?

RR

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I sort of figured it would stall out during the Holidays . I was hoping a couple of iron butt sorts might be headed left coast myself and we'd see it get into heavy play . I imagine we'll see it travel pretty good come spring time .

Snooze , you still with us Bro ?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
The Strom Cache is a really neat idea. Maybe we need more than one of these floating around. It got out of NC way too quickly for me to get in on the action.

Well , it's just down the mountain in Atlanta so feel free to contact Snooze and meet up with him and go get that puppy . It is sort of stalled out in Atlanta due to holiday season I would guess .

PO

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am in Little Rock, Arkansas and willing to drive 3 hours any direction, I can make it to Memphis TN, in 2.5 hours, or Monroe LA in 3,

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I am in Little Rock, Arkansas and willing to drive 3 hours any direction, I can make it to Memphis TN, in 2.5 hours, or Monroe LA in 3,

Hello there allthejerretts and welcome . Not sure whats happened to Snooze . I hope he is OK , but we haven't heard from him in a while . Maybe he will chime in soon and you guys can see what you can get going .

Snooze seems to be one for some lengthy rides so it may well be likely you guys can hook it up soon . Never the less , ride safe and have a great holiday season .

PO

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Would there be a way to edit the very first post of this thread with a current location?

21 - 40 of 430 Posts