StromTrooper banner

41 - 60 of 1151 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys, I love the idea and what you are doing. I'm fairly new to this forum, but would love to participate! I'm in Alabama, and ride all year, send the cache my way!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Cache Hand-Off Satch to 2mstone

I met up with 2mstone and Andreas this morning at a place called Gardner Village in Midvale, UT. It's an old farm with a barn, grain elevator and other farm buildings that they have converted into a restaurant and shops. We chose this location because of the covered wagon. Some of you may be following the V-Strom Picture Game, and the next photo challenge was a covered wagon. We decided to take this opportunity to kill two birds with one stone and do the cache hand-off and also to bag the photo tag.

We had a big snow storm last week, so it wasn't possible to do this any sooner. Today looked good with the temps this morning in the 30's but the roads were dry. I passed the cache off to 2mstone who is currently riding to Southern Utah to meet up with another Stromtrooper from the Las Vegas area.

Ride safe 2mstone and we look forward to your report :thumbup:

The plan is to keep the cache moving toward warmer climates. Hopefully somebody in CA or AZ can meet up with the Las Vegas rider and keep it moving!

Sorry for the reflections from the flash. We were in the shadows and the camera was in auto mode on a small tripod sitting in the middle of the road. We didn't have time to re-do it.

2mstone, Satch, Andreas.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Hoo-Kay... The cache made it to St George where I handed it off to Vegas-ite MedPlt aka Steve.
MedPlt is on his way to Vegas
Andreas...sweet job on the Cache!
I'll post pics on Friday

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Sheesh..Photobucket has gone wacko, so I signed up with Imgur.
Thanks to Andreas and Satch for meeting in Jordon, Utah and the hand-off.

Made the chilly ride to St George, Utah and handed off the Med-Plt.

and he's on his way to Las Vegas, Nevada

full RR here;
Tombstone's Travels: I hope you are having a Great Day!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Thanks 2mstone for going the distance and for the excellent ride blog!

I want to toot 2mstone's horn just a bit. I'm pretty sure he holds the record for the most miles ridden to deliver the cache. He rode over 2,000 miles to bring the original cache from Georgia to Utah (In December no less!). Now add another 300+ miles on this latest delivery. I'm estimating he has ridden with the cache over 2500 miles....and all during winter months! That's around 5,000 miles both ways. :punk:

Now it's up to some of you other rugged Stromtroopers in NV, AZ, CA, WA, OR. Who's up to the challenge?

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Thanks 2mstone for going the distance and for the excellent ride blog!

I want to toot 2mstone's horn just a bit. I'm pretty sure he holds the record for the most miles ridden to deliver the cache. He rode over 2,000 miles to bring the original cache from Georgia to Utah (In December no less!). Now add another 300+ miles on this latest delivery. I'm estimating he has ridden with the cache over 2500 miles....and all during winter months! That's around 5,000 miles both ways. :punk:

Now it's up to some of you other rugged Stromtroopers in NV, AZ, CA, WA, OR. Who's up to the challenge?
Awww shucks, thanks for the 'toot'.
On the way home yesterday I was actually wondering what it would feel like to carry the Cache on a warm day.............. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Here's hoping someone from California nabs it next! The soonest I get four days off in a row is ten days away. I do not have buns of steel to put in high mileage days.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Something that might be helpful is an
"I wan-it"
thread.
Riders (as some have done on this thread) would state a desire to carry the Cache.
That way maybe no one would be missed that wants to be a player.

Or...just encourage riders to do the same on this thread....

·
Registered
111 Posts
texas

I usually have tuesdays wednesdays off ....so if anyone wants to swing down towards San Antonio.....

41 - 60 of 1151 Posts