StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
I've moved this to the travel registry. Many members have volunteered to be of assistance but there doesn't seem to be any universal contact system. Members needing help usually post a new thread in the local region forum where they need help.

·
Registered
14,504 Posts
The BMW group has or had an anonymous book of helpful folks. It is a good thing to help fellow riders. I was able to use it a time of two and was able to assist others in turn.
It almost sounds as though you are volunteering to organize such a list. Cheers and good luck on the endeavor.

·
Vendor
4,941 Posts
I found other motorcyclist to always check with another rider when they see them on the side of the road. Most recently when my son had a flat tire in the NC mountains every single group that went by asked if we needed help. Since we had a pump, but no plugs with us, it made all the difference in the world. I'm sure it made a lasting impression on my son.

What is the best way to proceed?

Someone in trouble would need to know where to look and then how to identify the closest volunteers, and what those volunteers can offer (e.g., truck, trailer, tools, etc.).

You can count me in.

·
Registered
14,504 Posts
Rick, I've helped guys with flats at our local mountain place. What really impressed a couple guys was not just having the tools and pump to make the repair but using my electrical system to run the pump.
Not everyone is thoughtful enough install a cigarette lighter on their bikes. How silly is that?
Why would anyone put a power outlet on a Ducati, they never get flats...Hah!

·
Registered
202 Posts
My son is looking to learn some web programming languages. I've been in IT since '95, so we are planning to tackle a couple projects this summer. One is already planned, but maybe we'll put together a simple web app that does this.

Anyone have specific feature requests?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,504 Posts
A list of folks that would be willing to help and in what way. A spare room, garage space, trailer to tow, tools etc.

·
Registered
186 Posts
USCA (sidecar group) puts out a booklet of members willing to be of assistance. The headings at the top of the page are:

City Friend (first name only) Phone E/F (emergency assistance/friendship)

Then the 50 states (alphabetical) and any foreign listings.
"The Friendship listing is intended to provide communication and camaraderie.......while traveling."
Each member listed has either one or two "Y's" under the E/F column. Some are too busy for chat but are willing to help in an emergency, others don't feel qualified to help in an emergency but are willing to meet or talk. Most are willing to do both.
Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts