StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new to the forum and enjoying my 2012 wee. In my downtime decided to fit a skid plate and hand guards to the bike but one of the bolts that mounts the plate to the motor stripped the threads from the hole in the motor with minimal turning on the bolt.:furious: Wasn't cross threaded and I'm no Arnold as the bolt wasn't particularly tight when this happened. Just wondering what my next course of action should be or if there is a better thread for this question?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
I'm moving this because a stripped thread can happen in any bike model. The usual fixes are a helicoil or timesert threaded insert or drilling and tapping for a larger bolt. Pictures are useful in cases like this. Most skid plates attach to the frame and crash bars rather than the engine. What brand skid plate is involved?

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Most skid plates attach to the frame and crash bars rather than the engine. What brand skid plate is involved?
Gotta by the SW Motech. I don't think anybody else makes such a brain dead design that uses engine bolts for mounting. If it is the Motech, it's a 2012 thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts