StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Interesting, too bad they don't show the front of the bike. I bet a few people would want that gas tank, myself included.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Really a DL1000 in spirit only. Not much of it left. . .

I realize it is more for looks, but man I'd hate to be riding on that seat for long with the pipes running right under you. I'd have to buy anti Monkey Butt by the truckload.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
That's a very nicely done streetfighter.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Bit of a stretch to call it a DL1000. It happens to have a DL1000 motor and some of the frame, is all ...

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I wonder about the buffeting.

Still not bad for a VFStromaha.

Seriously, if I was half my age and twice as limber..........................

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Now Janice knows what happened to Fluffy after her crash.

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
Very nice, but I have two nits to pick.
- The CF layup on the top of the tank and on the tail (just behind the seat) has some wrinkles or something. Not that I could do it better or anything, but it seems out of whack with the attention to detail elsewhere.
- Who puts Metzeler Marathons on their streetfighter?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Somebody has lots of time on their hands...:beatnik:

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I'm always impressed with the vision and craftmanship bikes like this show. The builder didn't open a thread for step-by-step instructions on how to graft a VFR swingarm...he just did it.

When I get my next bike I'd love to do something like this with the Vee. Take a couple hundred pounds off of it, and you'd have a whip-ass bike, no doubt.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was surprised there was no front view, must have some hideous headlight.

A lot of money, and a lot of time, it's a lovely looking machine.

I'd stick some knobblies on it though, and a bash plate ;)

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I'd stick some knobblies on it though, and a bash plate ;)
Then it would have to be re-classified as an Offstreetfighter.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I was going to suggest they wasted it all too.......along with the $$$$.
Not wasted, if they like and enjoy it, although there's no way in hell they'd ever get the money back out of it (same goes for most heavily customized bikes and cars). Seems a bit like a case of making a silk ear out of sow's purse, though, or however that saying goes :) (or maybe that's just about right) I would have though a TL1000 or SV1000 would have been a more logical starting point, with a more powerful engine to boot.

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
I'm always impressed with the vision and craftmanship bikes like this show. The builder didn't open a thread for step-by-step instructions on how to graft a VFR swingarm...he just did it.

When I get my next bike I'd love to do something like this with the Vee. Take a couple hundred pounds off of it, and you'd have a whip-ass bike, no doubt.
+1 :yesnod::hurray:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts