StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife saw the flashing StreetF/X display showing demo of these knock offs of the Hyperlight brake activated flashing LED's, and said "I'm getting these for you." :hurray: Never argue when your wife is buying goodies for your bike. :argue: I wired on the "bulb side of brake switch" as suggested in tiny install sheet. Used marine grade spade connectors spliced into factory wiring with marine grade butt splice, and all heat shrinked in place. Flipped the key on, and grabbed the front brake, all was well, but when I cranked the engine and applied the brake, the rate of flash became so rapid it's nearly solid light. Since I tied into factory brake light ground via a spade bit, I'm going to test an independent ground wire to chassis, and test an independent ground wire back to battery negative. Dealer mentioned hearing of issues replacing incandecent w/ LED lighting or mixing the two on same circuit. Anyone else heard of similar issues? StreetF/X website offers zero support.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I have them and have same issue, was told the package with the little test switch has a resistor to slow the flash.
I have not bothered to try changing it around just happy with more visible light than factory brake light.
Watching closely to see if you come up with a fix before me.
Mike

·
Registered
575 Posts
i have the smae problem, but since i'm not on the gas when I brake... the light flash rate comes down enough to be visible. personally I think my Knight riderz flashing brake light bar is far more eye catching.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts