StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shucked the chain on my 2013 DL 30 miles north of Joplin, MO Sunday.
AAA got me to the Drury Inn.
Of course everything is closed on Labor Day.
Need a recommendation for a shop to get a new chain tomorrow.
TIA. Ian, Iowa

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PowerSports in Joplin fixed me up with a new chain in 2 hours for $215-total bill.
Good service, good people! Ian

·
Registered
47 Posts
$215 for just the chain? Sounds like they did fix you up, alright....is there more you're not telling us? Good Luck..:jawdrop:

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Had similar situation a few years back in Montana. Most places did not have the 525 chain, finally found a dealer in Helena with workshop. Once I told them I couldn't put the chain on myself , they had to go out and but a riviter, the tech had to learn on the fly how to rivit a chain.
$200 + later and 2 hours I was back on the road

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Had similar situation a few years back in Montana. Most places did not have the 525 chain, finally found a dealer in Helena with workshop. Once I told them I couldn't put the chain on myself , they had to go out and but a riviter, the tech had to learn on the fly how to rivit a chain.
$200 + later and 2 hours I was back on the road
Andreas, That was a dealership? Kind of scary they didn't know how to install a chain!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I loose faith in dealerships more and more everyday.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,188 Posts
Dealerships have become parts replacers. Not mechanics. They are probably quite good at installing the Suzuki replacement chain, which is endless I figure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts