StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are you guys finding the black ABS tube and the caps? I went to Homedepot and Lowes, neither had that stuff..only the white pvc stuff. I'll use that if it comes to it, but I'd rather go with something that is already black.

I bought a Bestem topcase with the led lights pre-installed. Am wondering how the best and easiest way to splice that into my brake lights will be. Or do I even need to splice my brake line?

Thanks in Advanced!

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
ABS is not allowed by code in some areas. Black Krylon fusion paint works nicely on PVC.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I used 4" Schedule 40 white. with sewer cap and collar. I also purchased 3 end caps. 1 for the other end of the tube, the other 2 where cut. I cut off the "Dome" portion, then split the remaining collars in half. This was then glued to the tube to build up the outer diameter of the 4" PVC tube, adjacent to the end cap and sewer collar. I then sanded these collars down to match the "Ovality" of my fake exhaust and to blend all the seems for a finished look.
After sanding I primed with flat black Krylon, then painted. Look for paint that is compatable with plastics.
I used nylon spacers for the mounting, these where cut at an angle so I could roll the tube to match the angle of the subframe. It took some time, but I was able to "roll the tube" into the direction I was hoping to get. One half of the angled nylon spacer went on the outside of the tube, the other half on the inside with fender washers and lock nuts. The two angles of the split nylon spacers where matched and sandwitched the tube inbetween, this allowed me to roll the tube to my desided angle.

·
38,048 Posts

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
what about the "how to" for the wiring??? thanks -

·
38,048 Posts

·
38,048 Posts
I hope you mean the bike's behind.

·
38,048 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Thanks looking to do somthing simmilar but thinking about the storage manual idea as well??? Just curios what tools do you have in there anyways

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
I've been thinking of trying to find a stock can from someone who switched theirs and then mounting it in lieu of the tube. I think it could look great from the back and maybe that would cure my "2 pipe envy".

Mike

·
38,048 Posts
I keep my chain care stuff in there; rags, vinyl gloves and chain lube.

·
38,048 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts