StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
No longer riding.
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I am 6' tall and have a 34" inseam. I do not want a large windshield because of off road riding. If I use the stock windshield, it is not terrible as far as buffing and wind noise. I would however like it to be better. So here is my question. If you could do either thing to the stock shield which would it be? 1.) Add a MADSTAD BRACKET, or 2.) Add a LUMINAR LIP. :confused: I know this will not be perfect.

·
Registered
95 Posts
This works for me - raises stock shield about 2" above the top stock position.

click

click

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm 6' with a 31" inseam. That makes me think I sit a bit higher on the seat than you (longer torso). I am EXTREMELY happy with the Madstat and the stock screen. So happy that on runs of less than a half hour I don't even use earplus any more. It was the best thing I did on my Strom.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
Go with the Madstad.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I opted for 1 and 2 on my DL1000k6. The Madstad bracket and the Laminar Lip eliminated helmet buffeting and significantly reduced wind noise with the shield well below eye level.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am just a bit taller than you with a bit more inseam. I have the gel seat which is taller and waaayyy more comfortable (650). I tried a million different stock windshield positions, extra washers, the works. Bought a Givi windscreen. It helped, but not perfect.
When the Madstad came out I had the WTF reaction and bought it. Went with his recommended "stock setting" with the standard screen. Love it! 80 mph +, faceshield open, no buffetting worth mentioning. When the weather cooled down, I didn't bother going back to the Givi because I can change the height and angle at a stop light enough to cover my neck from direct wind. It ain't that pretty, but who cares? It works and I'm too busy looking for crazy cellphone using cagers to look at the bracket.

·
No longer riding.
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks

Thanks for the replies. I kind of thought the Bracket was the way to go but wanted to ask. I will try it first and keep the lip in mind for a later install if the bracket doesn't do enough. Thanks again!;)

·
Registered
200 Posts
I hate to throw a wrench in here, but

I'm 6' 4 1/2" and HATE the MadStad with the stock screen. IMO and in my particular case, it did absolutely nothing to reduce turbulence or wind noise no matter where I positioned it. I'm thinking I might try the Givi screen in combination with the MadStad and see where that gets me.

-T (fingers crossed)

·
Registered
161 Posts
fitted the madstad brackets
they are good with the stock screen
the new givi screen comes without the annoying black trim around the edge and has given exelent resultss

well priced effective nice qiuality finish ..belive me if wasnt any good id say so

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
I am just a bit taller than you with a bit more inseam. I have the gel seat which is taller and waaayyy more comfortable (650). I tried a million different stock windshield positions, extra washers, the works. Bought a Givi windscreen. It helped, but not perfect.
When the Madstad came out I had the WTF reaction and bought it. Went with his recommended "stock setting" with the standard screen. Love it! 80 mph +, faceshield open, no buffetting worth mentioning. When the weather cooled down, I didn't bother going back to the Givi because I can change the height and angle at a stop light enough to cover my neck from direct wind. It ain't that pretty, but who cares? It works and I'm too busy looking for crazy cellphone using cagers to look at the bracket.[/SIZE]
So how tall are you ? inseam? somewhere between 6' and 6'4" things turn from great to awful with the Madstad, it seems.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts