StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in the "starting to look" phase of considering a vstrom (probably 650 before 1000).

Wondering... does anyone have the specs on what the stock susp. is setup for for initial rider weight, and how far up it can go before needing different springs?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Gross vehicle weight is 919lbs. That bike weight, Plus rider, plus gear. You will have to afjust preload for your weight and amout of gear. I weigh 250 and have no problems out of my Wee II.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep... i've seen that... what i don't know is how much the adjusters can handle before you need to change springs.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
The stock springs on the Glee are significantly heavier than the older Wee. My 2007 needed heavier fork springs and a replacement shock to feel really good. I may not do anything to the suspension on the 2012. I'm at about 200lbs without gear. I'd say the bike can handle 440lbs total okay. That's what the Wee was rated for but the Glee can actually do it.

·
Registered
964 Posts
This question always seems to go both ways: there are some pretty heavy riders or 2-uppers riding on the stock suspension who think it's fine; and there are some more average-sized riders (180-200#) who think the stock suspension is crap.

The Glee does seem to get higher stock suspension marks than the Wee, but it still seems like a personal thing.

I've never had a suspension set up for ME (290#), so I don't know what it's "supposed" to feel like. I've always just considered my self "full-time 2-up" (normal-sized husband + wife pillion = me) and ridden on stock, or stock + raising links.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts