StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is the "kit" in question :

https://www.suzukipartshouse.com/oemparts/a/suz/59090a6687a8660fa09ff085/optional-under-cowling-set-dl650al7-e28

Suzuki COWLING SET, UNDER (BLACK) 94400-11820-291

I will not be doing much off-roading on my 2017 DL650A, other than the occasional forest service fire road but our chip and seal roads here in TX often throw up small rocks etc.
Is the stock (standard on XT) Under Cowling sufficient for this job or is there anything else out there that gives that frontal coverage?
I've looked at all the aftermarket hardware but most appears to be mainly a sump/oil filter guard. I also read that some XT owners eventually/often remove the plastic stock cowling and replace it with both metal engine and sump guards.
I would appreciate anyones thoughts plus, if anyone is contemplating this, I would be willing to purchase the original plastic 'kit' from them.

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Those should be easy to purchase used around here as I would assume many XT owners have removed them and replaced them with a stronger bash plate. I think that would work fine on a gravel road. You could also consider the Hyde racing plate, as that is minimalist and plastic as well.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I also read that some XT owners eventually/often remove the plastic stock cowling and replace it with both metal engine and sump guards.
I would appreciate anyones thoughts plus, if anyone is contemplating this, I would be willing to purchase the original plastic 'kit' from them.

Thanks in advance
I replaced mine with a metal one.
I'm willing to work out a deal to allow a special delivery to you!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the wisdom folks, much appreciated 👍
Would be interested in a deal for a complete stock unit and associated hardware. Condition and price dependent of course😉. PM me

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thanks for the wisdom folks, much appreciated 👍
Would be interested in a deal for a complete stock unit and associated hardware. Condition and price dependent of course😉. PM me
PM sent.

Mine has seen some off road riding. It did pretty good at keeping the small stuff off the engine, but the bigger stuff it just flexed out of the way.

I'll get some photos and we can work out the details.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmm! It doesn't look too beat up.
Do you also have the top attachment bar, hardware and the two smaller side pieces shown on that page 970.H on the parts fiche??
Ok...so what would you be looking to get for it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts