StromTrooper banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was given a set of Givi E45 Monokey luggage. I previously installed side and top case racks to accept stock side cases that I purchased on ebay. The Givi side luggage racks that I was given are from a '97 KLR. I purchased a universal top case rack and installed it.

Has anyone modified the stock side racks to accept the Givi Monokey luggage? It looks like it might be possible given the fact that I have the bottom "pegs" and the top latch, which are on the racks designed for the KLR , and, they are removeable.

If someone has done this I'd like not to have to reinvent the wheel. Thanks.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Drill holes and bolt the bottom tags into the lower OEM frame rail and weld or bolt a plate holding the top tongue piece onto the upper rail. It does work fine, just a bit fiddly getting the top piece at the right height - make sure you start with the bottom posts in place and the bag on to get the measurement correct. You can order spare fitting kits (top tongue and the bottom posts) from any Givi dealer for about $20 - its the E115F kit from memory. The OEM racks are very solid and well worth using instead of the Givi ones.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the ideas. It's the general direction I thought should be taken. It's good to know that I can get the spare parts. The racks I have are sturdy, that's for sure. Thanks again. Herb

1 - 3 of 3 Posts