StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to need to adjust ride height and sag on my adjustable shock...
Does anyone know what stock ride height (and measured from where) and rear sag are supposed to be?

Thanks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know about sag, I need to know the Suzuki STOCK ride height number.

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
First, you really don't, it's irrelevant.
Second, there really isn't a "stock ride height number", at least in any standard suspension tuning lexicon.
Exactly what measurement are you looking for?

·
Registered
3,901 Posts

I've never seen a "ride height"" specification. Seat height is usually given, is that what you're wanting?

32.3" it's the standard seat height.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
You need to know the OEM shock length and then set the adjustable shock to the same length. That will result in the same ride height, assuming both shocks give you about the same sag.

I think typical target sag for the OEM shock is about 40mm.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I didn't intend for my post above to come off curt but, on re-read, can see how it may have been perceived as such. I honestly was trying to be helpful.

The best advice I have to give someone on this subject is to soak in all the knowledge Max shares in this seminar. But then, geeks like me find chassis geometry fascinating and this course full of valuable tools.

If all you wanted was seat height of a fresh from the crate DL, that hasn't suffered foam compression and tire wear...I apologize for not grasping your meaning.

Reactions: slane6

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The bike came with an Elka Suspension shock that was set up for the previous owner and wasn't working for me at all due to the difference in his rider weight. I sent the shock to Elka for a stiffer spring and a rebuild. However, the PO had also messed with the ride height, etc. As I want to start from a clean slate and make my adjustments from there I was hoping to replicate as much of an OEM setup as possible and tweak from there.
Unfortunately the bike also has an aftermarket seat on it and I don't have the OEM seat so I can't use that height.
I do, however, have the OEM shock. I'll measure that and duplicate the shock length and use that as a base point of reference to adjust from... thanks for that idea :)
I did also just find the Elka Owner's Manual for motorcycle shocks so that will help as well. They don't make it easy to find stuff.

Reactions: Spec
1 - 8 of 8 Posts