StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this board, so please bear with me. I'm 99% certain that I'm going to buy an '04 Strom within a week to replace my 77 GT500, which is moving to a museum...I'm 6'2" with a 34" inseam. 1) Should I order the bigger stock screen that Suzuki's offering for the '04, or should I buy a ceebee one instead? 2) Should I get the stock panniers, or are there better ones out there for the same (or less) $$?

Thanks!

R

·
0 Posts
I too am waiting to buy an 04 model.

The 04 model comes with an adjustable screen - previous model(s) are fixed. You might like to try it out first and see how it works for you. As far as I know, other than perhaps Suzuki, no else makes an aftermarket windscreen for the 04 model - yet

As for the paniers, depends how you want to use the bike, but there are IMHO better ones out there (than stock), but not for less $$$.
Personally, I am very interested in a new line offered by Hepco Becker called the Gobi - it's the generic version of the bag they make for the new KTM 950 Adv

Cheers

-Jack

J

·
0 Posts
I would give the new '04 screen a chance before springing for a new screen Aftermarket has to desing one for the new setup anyway. I'm your size and perfectly happy with the OEM on the '02. Bags are close to oil and tires for creating zeal of the owners. Take a look at all the options and decide how you are going to use the bags and the bike. The OEM's are a good deal price wise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts