StromTrooper banner

181 - 185 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
I got back in a while ago. With Covid turning the corner for round two, I decided to retreat again. Did not loose any on the downside, made some on the rebound, now I am burying it in mason jars in the backyard.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Gold up almost 90 dollars an ounce in THREE days. That tells me something.
Phony government unemployment numbers of 11.5 percent (16.7 million people) being pushed on the media while Bureau of Labor reports 31 million collecting State and Fed unemployment. 20% unemployment by this figure. That only gets a footnote.
Virus going berserk and the Fed running out of bullets.
Vaccine promised ASAP but most vaccines have taken 10 years to get to market with the proper tests.
Political interference in data leaves us in the dark.
Political deficit spending opiates the public to the problem.
This is shaping up to be a perfect storm.
As to the market, enthusiasm and infusions of Fed money last just so long. Then the bleeding begins.
If Christmas is dreary I won't be surprised in the least.
If it is not I wouldn't trust any of the numbers any more than I do today.
Like most of us I now relate much better to the deer in my headlights.

·
Premium Member
2,893 Posts
Gold up almost 90 dollars an ounce in THREE days. That tells me something.
Phony government unemployment numbers of 11.5 percent (16.7 million people) being pushed on the media while Bureau of Labor reports 31 million collecting State and Fed unemployment. 20% unemployment by this figure. That only gets a footnote.
Virus going berserk and the Fed running out of bullets.
Vaccine promised ASAP but most vaccines have taken 10 years to get to market with the proper tests.
Political interference in data leaves us in the dark.
Political deficit spending opiates the public to the problem.
This is shaping up to be a perfect storm.
As to the market, enthusiasm and infusions of Fed money last just so long. Then the bleeding begins.
If Christmas is dreary I won't be surprised in the least.
If it is not I wouldn't trust any of the numbers any more than I do today.
Like most of us I now relate much better to the deer in my headlights.
Overall, I don't think I'm quite as pessimistic as you, but I certainly see more downside potential than upside at the moment. I'm mostly out of the market, and probably will be for some time.

·
Vendor
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
I read an article this morning that confirmed my investing strategy. At that point I quit looking at investment articles and felt good all day. Until I found an unknown part in my Kawasaki triples oil pan while changing the clutch. Then I felt worried again.

181 - 185 of 185 Posts