StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had the strom for a week, and to me the stock grips are really hard. I was use to riding a big harley with bigger grips, so does anyone have any ideas of grips that would be more comfortable..

·
Registered
7,442 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have had the strom for a week, and to me the stock grips are really hard. I was use to riding a big harley with bigger grips, so does anyone have any ideas of grips that would be more comfortable..
I'll second the Grip Puppies recommendation. Best bang for your buck add-on out there. They are a HUGE improvement.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I have these on every bike I own and love them. They really cut down on vibrations coming through the handlebars. Add the bar end weights and vibes just about disappear.

Get a Grip on Your Ride!

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Jeez, grow some ballz!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Tennis ballz, that iz.

You can actually use the tennis racquet grip enhancer - a strip of spongey black rubber with adhesive on one side. Wind it around the handlebar grip in a single or double layer ~ or decide to vary the thickness of the grip more at one end or the other (or in the middle of the grip) or whatever yerz likez.

Available at all sportz storez.
A bit pricier than Grippuppies etcetera, but quick and easy to put on (and take off) - and no other handlebar gear needs removing.

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
Fill Handlebars with BB's cheap at Walmart

Get Johar foam grips

Big and good bye vibration 600 twisty miles

·
Registered
759 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Don't want to look like I'm simply adding on to the Grip Puppies but I will. Initially I removed the stock grips and added a set of Beston grips. I added those to my Royal Enfield bike and really liked them. After riding with the Beston grips (think larger diameter and looks like they belong on an OLD British bike), I went back to the stock grips and the grip puppies added. Original set of Grip Puppies split when I tried to mount them so I gave a second set a try. Used less soap/water then demonstrated in posting above but added a blast of air from compressor to "inflate" the grip and they slid on easily.

Ramble off.

Rick

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
You could try FatFingers, they're like grip puppies but sold by a 'strommer here.

Fat Finger Grips

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Regardless of which way you go with the grips, install a throttle lock so you can remove your right hand from the grip every so often without the bike slowing down to a crawl.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Foam

Got this foam grips form ebay. really soft and they absorb the vibration pretty well. Also for some reazon even though they are foam they don't stay too wet after the rain. also you can shred them to your liking :thumbup:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Tennis tape great idea for versatility/ease.

But I went with Grip Puppies - and used BOTH SIZES.

I put the standard small size on and rode for a while, then decided to add on top of them the larger size - and now I'm extremely happy with the oversized ones.

Have slightly large hands - and the extra diameter really helps avoid cramping on long trips - and extra soft/vibration damping.

For a really cheap "cruise control" I have a radiator hose clamp covered in electrician's tape under the Grip Puppies on the far right side like a very small Throttle Rocker to rest my palm on to keep speed while I flex fingers - works great - TR gets in the way too much for me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've had ProGrips model 719 installed for 3 years and like them. They are only slightly larger diameter than stock Strom grips, but they were enough to make a difference. They say they have a "Reduced Vibration Gel System", and have a little "give" to the rubber. Plus I got grey so they match my Wee.:mrgreen:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts