StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm wondering if anyone here has removed the stock end cap on a 07-08 wee strom and just drilled some holes into the stock baffling plate ? Do the three exterior end cap bolts unscrew or do they need to be drilled out ? I'm inquiring for a buddy so any input appreciated. Thx, Troop

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
If you want it to sound like a bag of wet farts, go ahead and drill the holes. The 3 screws have a small weld, you can use a dremel to careful cut the weld, or drill the head off (easy to do) and replace with some black allan-head bolts.

I tried it, didnt like it at all, however, cutting the "pea-shooter" off (leaving about 3/8") does give it a nicer, deeper tone. You dont notice the diff until you put the cap back on.

Cheers

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you want it to sound like a bag of wet farts, go ahead and drill the holes. The 3 screws have a small weld, you can use a dremel to careful cut the weld, or drill the head off (easy to do) and replace with some black allan-head bolts.

I tried it, didnt like it at all, however, cutting the "pea-shooter" off (leaving about 3/8") does give it a nicer, deeper tone. You dont notice the diff until you put the cap back on.

Cheers
Naaa, Don't think he'd be a big fan of wet farts :) Cutting off the pea shooter tube sounds like the way to go. How much tube is actually exposed ?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I cut the Pee shooter off on mine but i still think the bike sounds weak so i am saving for a after market exhaust.

One thing thats easy to do that really improves the bikes sound is to pull the Snorkel off the intake HUGE difference when riding but stil sounds stock at low idle and low loads.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Hey TB....How are the new tires??

I cut the Pee shooter off on mine but i still think the bike sounds weak so i am saving for a after market exhaust.

One thing thats easy to do that really improves the bikes sound is to pull the Snorkel off the intake HUGE difference when riding but stil sounds stock at low idle and low loads.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I like the tires and they feel more planted in turns and on gravel. But i am getting a bit of head shake at 60-70km/hr more noticed on deceleration.

I am thinking it may have something to do with me being able to make that little needle on the scale do a 360 LOL.

I know i need to invest in some new springs but i just have not been able to afford it yet. Probly make it my winter project along with hopefully steel braided brake lines and if $$$$ permits either a staintune or holeshot muffler.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Last night I cut both pea shooters down about an inch, and both bonnie and I love the sound. I suppose if you cut them back even further or removed them completely it may sound louder, but we both like the results!
It sounds great on medium to hard exceleration, and nice of "decel" as well.
I did not want to drill any holes, so I went this route.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Modified DL650 exhaust

I have a 2007 DL650 exhaust that the end baffle has been cut out. I didn't do it the po did. I didn't like the loud noise so I replace it with a fully stock exhaust. I would be willing to sell the whole assy cheap. Pm me if your interested. I can also take some pic of it if you want with the end cap off.

Eric N

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
Try cutting off about 1/2 of the peashooter. Much more than that and the sound gets farty.

It's easy to cut it using a dremel-type tool with a cutoff wheel -- just stick it in the end of the pipe and choose your depth. No need to remove the chrome end plate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts