StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I've got a leak in my stock exhaust at the connector from the Y-pipe to the rear cylinder. I have already taken the cans off, and I loosened the front exhaust pipe at the cylinder head to extract the Y-pipe.

I found that the "Exhaust Gasket Connector" (part #8 on microfiche) was essentially gone.

I applied Permatex Copper in the tube form to the seat on the Y pipe, hopefully replacing the missing gasket, and a light coating of the Permatex Copper spray on to the other joints to make sure they seal for reassembly.

My attempt to reassemble failed. The joints don't seem to fit together correctly anymore, and there is now another exhaust leak from the front cylinder.

What is the correct order to put all the pieces of the stock exhaust back together and tighten them down? I suspect the order will make a big difference in how it all goes back together.

(I'm also ordering the stock gasket connector instead of trying permatex again)

Any advice, and pictures of the connections with the right overlapping, would be helpful! TIA.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
It's not so much the order of assembly, just being gentle and logical. The new gasket should solve the problem.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Guess I'll just have to do some better wiggling.

Ordering parts online now. Who knows if they'll be there by the weekend, but hopefully I can get some more riding in before the snows begin.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts