StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I didn't act fast enough for a great Wee Deal, so another one has come up.

An 07 Wee with 8,000 miles. This one needs front and rear tire, chain and sprocket set, right brake handle with some other minor cosmetic damages,

Apprently just poorly maintained or not at all and simply ridden hard. Based on sprocket condition, with an improperly adjusted chain) When I went to check it out, the oil level was below the L mark.

I'm thinking the above mentioned parts and labor, plus plugs, brake fluid and coolant and will be close to a $$$grand.

I am concerned about the low oil and how long it's been ridden like that. I did test ride it and didn't hear any unusual noises, but I have no frame of reference as to what I should have been looking for if there is a problem related to operating while low on oil.

I was thinking of offering $3,000 because of the above mentioned condition and risking there might be hidden damage? any advice, well any constructive advice will be appreciated

·
Registered
424 Posts
Well, I didn't act fast enough for a great Wee Deal, so another one has come up.

An 07 Wee with 8,000 miles. This one needs front and rear tire, chain and sprocket set, right brake handle with some other minor cosmetic damages,

Apprently just poorly maintained or not at all and simply ridden hard. Based on sprocket condition, with an improperly adjusted chain) When I went to check it out, the oil level was below the L mark.

I'm thinking the above mentioned parts and labor, plus plugs, brake fluid and coolant and will be close to a $$$grand.

I am concerned about the low oil and how long it's been ridden like that. I did test ride it and didn't hear any unusual noises, but I have no frame of reference as to what I should have been looking for if there is a problem related to operating while low on oil.

I was thinking of offering $3,000 because of the above mentioned condition and risking there might be hidden damage? any advice, well any constructive advice will be appreciated
I'd personally move along and wait for another one in better shape. It is simply beyond me how people manage to trash something so quickly, but see it all the time with motorcycles, cars, even bicycles.

I am sure if you were to ask the guy how well the bike has been taken care of, he is going to lie to you about it. You know it has been abused, so why bother?

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I would turn it down on principal. What kind of an idiot abuses the best bike on the planet?:var_52:

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Are you sure the bike was perfectly level? A small tilt makes a difference.

If the oil isn't underfilled the rest of the stuff is no biggie to change.

I think he'll laugh at a $3,000 offer anyway, though.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I've never seen a Strom as low priced as this one:
http://www.stromtrooper.com/showthread.php?t=43291
See if he would be willing to deliver to Tampa, ha.

That bike looks nice despite the high miles. It looks like he might take better care of that bike than the guy selling the 07. For those not patient enough to put the first 80K on the bike, this might be a great way to go for somebody who is dying to see how many miles they can get out of the little DL.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts