StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nov 18th and no snow in sight....sunny and 45 today. Though the little yellow snowflake was illuminated brightly by time I got home!

ImageUploadedByMO Free1447902882.485403.jpg
ImageUploadedByMO Free1447902914.301648.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Reactions: V-Tom

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Hey Pete, I took a ride out to Bailey Island last week and down to Plum Island yesterday. Gotta love that heated gear!! Also, most of the friggen tourists are gone.:grin2: Hi to Gini !

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
snow tires

The bike is in the garage for the winter and snow tires are on the Subaru. I'm finished riding for the year.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I avoid the shadowy mountain passes this time of year, but I did manage a quick 120 mile run today with mid-30 F. temps. Bright blue sunny skies make all the difference! Just turned over 7,000 miles today. I really need new tires NOW. :rockon:

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
It was 42 degrees here last week - Celsius that is. :(

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
With no snow in the forecast and temps hitting 40, looks like I'll be riding into Dec this year! Over 9,000 miles and counting....

ImageUploadedByMO Free1448332929.904536.jpg

·
Registered
556 Posts
First morning commute of the season with the "freeze warning" light on. Just getting started.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Winter oil change done. New tire put on. Finally we had the first had frost last night.

Time to plan next season. NEVA, Romney?? Going West?? Leaf Peek?? ....

·
Registered
66 Posts
The leaves are off the trees in Romney but so are all the Harleys off the roads! Good riding this year. Global warming may have it's upside...

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Seeing snowflakes

I've had my '12 Wee for only a couple months or so but I've seen the freeze warning snowflake on the dash several times now - probably a half dozen or so. Comes on at 38F I think. A nice feature. Do new-gen Vees have that ?

As for real snowflakes, I've seen only a few late one evening. So tiny they were barely detectable. OK with me if it stays that way for awhile.

I'm in Virginia, and well south of most of you posting on this thread, but in my view every day I can get outside and work (mowed my lawn today - Thanksgiving day !!) is one day fewer of the cold and wet and nastiness of winter - and the staying indoors that sometimes has to go with it.

Really enjoying the new-to-me Wee2 btw. Looking forward to next spring but with such nice weather right now I'm not (yet) longing so much for spring.

:smile2:

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
It's supposed to be in the 50's here along the southern coast of Maine tomorrow. Think I'll head up to Fort Popham up in Phippsburg while everyone's out shopping for baaagins.:grin2:

·
Premium Member
5,070 Posts
Was nice today after a few weeks off due to travel.10 degrees C - very pleasant for a ride to the coffee shop ( 30 miles or so ) - there were a few riders out.

About the same tomorrow with scattered showers then back to near freezing on the weekend. Nice to be back on the Wee after living with the CBF for a couple of months.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hope to do the "ice ride" next week, up the Bruce Peninsula and back, but will depend on the amount of sand and salt on the roads; we've had some rain after the first snows, so I'm hopeful they're washed off. I work on an island out in the middle of Georgian Bay, so never know road conditions until I get home. Just one more ride, that's all I ask....

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Mid 50's on Fri so you know where I'll be!

ImageUploadedByMO Free1448590045.842141.jpg
Smoked my first turkey today....must say it went rather well....

1 - 20 of 82 Posts