StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lowered me bike and I need a permanent centerstand but it must be adjustable. Any help?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Soupys used to make one

I used it for a while, then threw it out, foot was too small. Instead I made a permanent adjustment to my OEM side stand

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
You'd have to have one specially made. I'll suggest you may want one but you don't need one. Many people are happy with no stand. Others manage a lowered bike with the stand unmodified. Other options include rolling the bike on a board before try a lift or having the stand shortened.

·
Bikeless 4 now
1,226 Posts
I have a shortened side stand that came with my 2013 650 (it was lowered but I put it back to stock). I'd be happy to swap you side stands if yours is the same. Just an option.

·
Administrator
17,352 Posts
Sure your bike needs to be lowered?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I had no problems using the centerstand while my bike was lowered and I am not a big buy.

Try this, take your right foot and step down on the stand, getting the bike centered (so you can feel booth legs touching the ground). Then step down hard while leaning over the bike and with your right hand on the rack lifting up.

·
Registered
15,493 Posts
So, if I understand correctly, if the shock is lowered, the center stand becomes more difficult to use.
If I raise the bike, shorter links, it will be even more easy?
My Motech center stand is so easy to deploy now with a full load.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
That's right to a certain extent. Raise the bike more than a small amount though and the rear wheel won't clear the ground when the stand is deployed. It can even get to the point where the stand won't keep the bike from falling over.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts