StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got away last Thursday for a few hours and rode up to the mountains to see the leaves before they are gone. Overcast,gusty wind and cool temps made the trip a little less enjoyable,but it was still a good ride. I got a few pics before the leaves are all gone.

Much of the lower altitude in Georgia is still green

So I headed across the line to North Carolina

The kudzu is still green in most places

Several fields were still green as well

Still a fair amount of color even though the sun wasn't out

It was nice along the rivers

Found a few nice gravel roads along the way

A few decent twisties to play on

Looks like they tried to hook up and get out before the kudzu monster got em...didn't make it *:yikes: *

Due to getting a late start I only put on about 250 miles.The leaves will be gone soon,at least I got a little peak at them :thumbup:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Nice ride report, I plan on getting out tomorrow for a good peek from the bike. The family and I went out in the cage today and the leaves seem to be best at about 2000 ft.

Hope the Kudzu monster doesn't get me....

·
Registered
89 Posts
The picture of the house and vehicle caught by the Kudzu is great! If you look at the end of the house, there are two upper windows with white backgrounds and a black area in the lower right. They look like eyes. Then the main window below them looks like a big open mouth. It looks to me like the house is looking in horror at the plight it is in. The Kudzu is starting to get it and can see its only means of escape (the truck pulling it) is almost completely engulfed by kudzu.

Great shot!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Great report and photos. What river is that, and what road are you on crossing it? I've been all over N. Ga but can't place that scene....I want to check it out!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great report and photos. What river is that, and what road are you on crossing it? I've been all over N. Ga but can't place that scene....I want to check it out!
The first pic is in Ga.,the rest are around Franklin ,N.C. on hwy 28. It's not very far over the state line. Plenty of decent riding up there. :yesnod:

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Thanks for the post.

Don't let fallen leaves curtail your mountain riding.

There will be warm weekends before Spring.

I've come to look forward to the bare trees.

It means the Buicks have gone back to Florida and you can see through turns much better.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Good point. One reason I try to go during the week,to avoid the "hazards". As long as there isn't too much ice on the roads,it's a good ride. :hurray:
Oh yeah, I learned a little about ice last winter in Pisgah Forest.

The first half of this week looks lovely, I've already noticed a reduction in the number of Fall foliage fanciers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts