StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sticky section of each sub-forum has grown to ridiculous proportions, that it now makes sense to have a sub-forum just for stickies. There's even at least one sticky that has no content.

Come on mods, clean it up a bit.

·
Super Moderator
16,229 Posts
I've actually "un-stuck" or deleted several of the sticky posts, you so far are the first person who has complained to my knowledge. I will give it another look, and try not to forget......"we do what we do here for free". :wink2:

·
Registered
603 Posts
BIG B, and....

what you do is appreciated!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks B. "trouble" is there is so much info that is being deemed important enuf to be a sticky.

may the admin can create a sub-section for stickys and dump em all in there. they are not working for free

·
Super Moderator
16,229 Posts
thanks B. "trouble" is there is so much info that is being deemed important enuf to be a sticky.

may the admin can create a sub-section for stickys and dump em all in there. they are not working for free

I just went through every single section and even made some deletions/changes, there are not too many stickies my friend. I guess I can't really understand why this irritates you so much, perhaps give me some real examples or solutions to what you are thinking? I am open minded ya know. :wink2: I can do many of the rules/changes the VS admin can do, it just has to make sense is all.

·
Super Moderator
16,229 Posts
there might be one or two threads in the sticky that we can merge together to make it less clunky.

Lee

Almost every section has sticky post topics, the OP appears to want a sticky for all stickies. I'll talk to the Mods, so please don't take any action without our approval.

·
Super Moderator
4,497 Posts
The stickies relate directly to the section in which they sit.

If the stickies were moved to a separate thread:
1. very few would know that the stickies existed.
2. people would start a new thread rather than use (or even read) the sticky.

In some cases, the rules and guidelines on how to post are in the sticky - i.e. the For Sale thread.

They belong where they are now. Perhaps some might be out of date, or for a particular event, and can be unstuck, or deleted.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
there are stickies that were deleted for various reasons (no content) that are still there. i'm far from an internet wiz, but out of the 6 or so fora i visit regularly, this place has more stickies than any 3 others combined. one has to scroll to below the fold just to get to the non-sticky threads.

this is not a huge deal and i by no means meant to cause a ruckus.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts