StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see pictures of other Stromers with GIVI side cases and they have sticker decals on them, What is the secret to get them to stick to the textured plastic on givi cases? I have wasted a few stickers that peal off within a week or so..

Do you all superglue them on or what?

·
Registered
17 Posts
It depands on sticker. Some of them has good glue that don't peal off, some of them are weak. You can use black spray to paint your panniers and all stickers will keep well.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Not all Givi cases have the same surface texture. I have 2 E36's and a E45. I do not think stickers would last long on them.

Some of the more expensive cases seem to have a smoother surface.

Which cases do you have?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not all Givi cases have the same surface texture. I have 2 E36's and a E45. I do not think stickers would last long on them.

Some of the more expensive cases seem to have a smoother surface.

Which cases do you have?
E36's :(

I like the look of stickers from different places traveled and I really don't want to stick them to my paint on the bike and I guess they wont stick to the cases very well either, I might try using some extra glue after a alcohol swabbing.

·
Registered
340 Posts
No matter what ALWAYS use alcohol (higher % the better) to stick anything permanently to a surface, and let to air dry DO NOT wipe dry.

also in your case I would try this.

Take some blue tape. tape the box where the sticker will go trace the sticker remove the tape where the sticker will go, get some 600 or higher grit paper and rub by hand slowly and sand / polish the box smooth (the remaining tape will act as a buffer while sanding), clean with alcohol, and then stick, and press hard for a few seconds.

all plastics do out gas (that's why plastics change colors and become brittle) and the out gassing can be strong enough to loosen stickers. so I would try this on the bottom first just in case.

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
Never had any problem with stickers on a Givi. Usually just wiped it off with a wet cloth before sticking them on.

·
Registered
285 Posts
not a givi case...but simular(cheaper)

just cleaned the area with alcohol and stuck.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Never had any problem with stickers on a Givi. Usually just wiped it off with a wet cloth before sticking them on.

The less expensive E36's and E45's have a more textured, rougher surface. And, are probably a different kind of plastic. Stickering them is about like trying to sticker a plastic gas tank.

Like I said earlier, all Givi's are not the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts