StromTrooper banner

Stick-On Speedometer corrector

8019 Views 38 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  pkhoff
Sorry to revisit an old topic, but I thought I remembered seeing a post that a guy offered a stick-on dial to correct the speedo error. Couldn't find it doing a search. Anybody remember this?
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
711 Posts
Yup.

"raceratb", website here:
Raceratb.com

Unfortunately, seems to always be perenially sold out of the DL650 gauges though...

Good luck!
Maybe a group buy would interest him. Just throwing that out...he had Km/hr in stock the day I ordered mine.

· Premium Member
1,751 Posts
Austin had a string of illness and is very slow - he can probably still do a custom order for you, but u better be prepare to wait a bit - i waited about 6 weeks for my white set- The white km/hr set maybe the left-over from the order i asked for a little while back. i recommend you get the black set though. White set seem to be affected by the stray lights from the instructment at night time, making them less readable, but still okay

vanity got the better of me on the white set :headbang:

· Registered
569 Posts
Well, I sent another email and now that is DOA:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: guages black
Sent: 6/27/2011 2:06 AM

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'[email protected]' on 6/27/2011 2:06 AM
None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient.
So, too bad he couldn't pass on his master and how it is printed, this is a big loss for all Strom owners, what a waste :???:

· Registered
307 Posts
I just got an e-mail from Austin today. He said he's gotten enough requests lately that he's submitted another order with his printer for black faces with orange lettering, and they'll be ready in a couple of months. If you want one, send him a note. His website and e-mail seem to be working fine this morning.

· Registered
1,854 Posts
I just got an e-mail from Austin today. He said he's gotten enough requests lately that he's submitted another order with his printer for black faces with orange lettering, and they'll be ready in a couple of months. If you want one, send him a note. His website and e-mail seem to be working fine this morning.

Awesome, than you for the follow-up!

The hard part will be breaking the habit of re-interpreting the speedo to automatically adjust for the ~10% offset. But it'll be worth it since that habit seems to have also followed me into my other vehicles, where it's not needed...

Muchas Garcias!

· Registered
307 Posts
Also, I want to point one thing out here -- these are NOT stick-on faces as the title of the thread implies. There are install instructions on his website and it doesn't seem too complicated but it does involve some dis-assembly of the gauge cluster.

· Registered
569 Posts
Yep, saw the instructions, I think it's do-able. I did get another message from Austin, so I will send him payment in advance as soon as he tells me where to send.

Let's see if we can get enough V-Strom owners to order to make this worth his time.

Also, I want to point one thing out here -- these are NOT stick-on faces as the title of the thread implies. There are install instructions on his website and it doesn't seem too complicated but it does involve some dis-assembly of the gauge cluster.
Can we get a mod to change the title? Puh-leeze? :D

· Registered
2009 DL650
113 Posts
No, his last instructions were to give him 2 months to get them made.
I got an email back from Austin almost immediately last night. He said anyone who emails him now will get an email back from him once they come in. He didn't give me a time frame. He advised no need to put money down now.

Also, Austin said he hasn't been sick. Not sure where anyone got that idea.

· Registered
3,783 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.