StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a clunk sound pretty much since my bike was new from the front end when hitting railroad track crossings. So I tightened the jam nut on the stem a little at a time with no results, so I thought I would go with the standard procedure and tighten it until it starts to bind just a little then back it off, "Snap" the damn little soft aluminum jam nut cracked.:cry: On just about every other bike I have owned these things are made of steel. Any way the steering stem is not the source of my clunk, it's obviously comming from the front suspension. It doesn't feel like the factory puts enough oil in the forks so even pushing up and down on them causes a light clunk. I'm guessing they are afraid of seals blowing out if the oil level were any higher in them. I wish I could take some air out of the front tire to soften things up a bit but doing this makes the bike steer weird. Dan

·
Registered
229 Posts
I also have a bit of a clunk from the front suspension of my new DL1000 (1500 miles). I have not fully investigated it yet. Thought that maybe the spring prelaod was not enough. The stem bearings seem to be ok with no freeplay.

I see what replys you get.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts