StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of you tried or are running one on the Wee or V?

Noticeable difference? Worth the $500?

On road/ of road usage?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
A tank slapper wiped out my old bike and put 34 screws in my left hand and wrist. A steering stabilizer was the first thing I ordered for the new bike. I do the steering instead of potholes, rain grooves, ruts and uneven pavement doing the steering for me.

·
38,048 Posts
What brand did you go with? Do you do much off road riding?
I use a Scotts steering stabilizer. I do not ride off road but it's even more important there.

·
Registered
429 Posts
"I do the steering instead of potholes, rain grooves, ruts and uneven pavement doing the steering for me."

What Greywolf said.............One of the best additions to an already great bike. Just makes it that much better.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I'm starting to think. I had my bike on a service road that had a few inch's of mud and the bike was a bit of a handful to keep under control.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I need risers due to bursitis in my right shoulder. I know the Scott's is not compatible with risers. Are there any stabilizers that are?

Aren't tank slappers usually caused by high speed with a heavy load? I believe Greywolfs slapper was due to that. If thats the case then do those of us that ride 2-up need to keep our speed down?

·
38,048 Posts
An alternative to risers is higher handlebars. High speeds and loads carried far from the bike's center of mass contribute to stability problems. So do road irregularities though.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I run a Scotts on mine and I cannot say a single bad thing about it....best mod I did.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts