StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NOT THE BOLT... but yet something stuck during ride and then just unjammed itself... scaaarrry thing, oh, with a popping sound... could it be something with a lock... ? Its a Dl1000 2004 what to look 4, could a head bearing bee dry and... Dont know... I amost fell off...

·
Super Moderator
4,510 Posts
Possibly steering head bearings. Raise the front wheel off the deck and rotate a few times from lock to lock. Then grab the bottom of each fork leg and pull forward and back. You will feel slack if there is any.
In this case, if slack exists, you should replace the bearings.
Another reason might be a cable or wiring near the steering head and jamming somewhere as the bars are turned.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
When you say not the bolt are you referring to the fairing bolts ?

On my Wee one of the two fairing bolts fell out and jammed up my steering for a few seconds, a very uneasy feeling and a slight bit of panic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You guys are awesome, can believe how fast all of you answered thank you so much, I'll try the head bearings maybe they were dry or something like that. And I do have crahs bars but there is nothing jamming, not that I can see there is so much clearance between the front bumper and the crash bars... but maybe it could be the lock or something like that because my friend locked my steering and then struggled a bit to unlock it, then 15 minutes into my ride that happened... I'm not sure how that happened but I was wondering could it be that the locking mechanism was partially locked

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When you say not the bolt are you referring to the fairing bolts ?

On my Wee one of the two fairing bolts fell out and jammed up my steering for a few seconds, a very uneasy feeling and a slight bit of panic.
Oh yeah I do mean those bolts 😂 but there is standing spot on, like, they're not moving at all... Oh yeah and jammed steering is very much scary issue. My main problem is that I don't know what was it so I'm, like, scared driving it right now...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts