StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the situation: I had to leave the bike parked for a week after doing some routine maintenance and farkling (added Givi crash bars). When I rolled it out this morning for a ride, I noticed that the two leads had come unplugged from the Stebel horn. I reconnected them, but now the only sound I get from the horn is an anemic little bleat that makes the old OEM horn sound like a powerhouse.

Any ideas? Could an insect have crawled up into the "works" and somehow caused a problem? If so, do you know of any disassembly/cleaning procedure?

I installed it about three months ago, and the horn has been flawless until this morning.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

George

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think so--the instructions say that if you reverse the polarity, the horn will operate continuously.

But just to be sure, I think that tomorrow I will reverse the wires and see what happens.

Thanks for the idea. Just because it's in print doesn't mean it's true!

George

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
If all else fails try giving it a good smack. It's worked for me when I've had horns go wonky in the past. I know it sounds pretty lame, but hey..... if it works...

SS

·
Registered
543 Posts
If all else fails try giving it a good smack. It's worked for me when I've had horny women go wonky in the past. I know it sounds pretty lame, but hey..... if it works...

SS
Fixt for you...

·
Registered
543 Posts
If all else fails try giving it a good smack. It's worked for me when I've had horny women go wonky in the past. I know it sounds pretty lame, but hey..... if it works...

SS
Fixt for you...:p

Double post was not the intent of the author.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the responses...Dextro and Colin got it right. I had the wires reversed, and when I corrected them, all was good with the horn.

Have to admit that Silverstrom's prescription would be tempting as emotional therapy.

Thanks for making me look at it again!

George

1 - 8 of 8 Posts