StromTrooper banner

Stebel horn on Pat Walsh bars.

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  805gregg 
#1 · (Edited)
I have no way to post pictures but here goes anyway. For those of you familiar with PW bars: I drilled the right side accessory bracket for the horn mounting bolt and mounted the Stebel on the inside of the right bar. I had previously removed the right side bar and drilled holes for the wire to run inside the bar. One hole in the bar next to the top of the horn and one hole in the bar end that bolts just below the tank. I pulled 16AWG through the bar, installed grommets and sealed the whole thing in place with Goop. There are pluggable connectors on both ends of the wire for ease of disassembly for removal of bars or horn. It's a clean install and worth the effort.

#10 ·
The mounting position(upright) could have something to do with integrity of internal parts over time and wear and tear while in operation in that position. The water factor can be covered with the use of some surgical tubing no matter what the position.

#12 ·
Wow, that's a horn and a half.
I've never seen one before.

Are they that much louder than stock?

Like 18-wheeler loud?

Or are they shrill, like the airhorns you hear at the stadium?

Maybe I need more horn? ;)

#15 ·
we got one in at work a couple weekends ago and all I can say is wow that is one loud sob. I had heard about the things for quite awhile and was putting up freight and there it was. after playing with it and seeing how loud it is i will have one, but am going to wait till i know i will have motivation to put it on before i get it. for now i would just be out riding instead

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.