StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have no way to post pictures but here goes anyway. For those of you familiar with PW bars: I drilled the right side accessory bracket for the horn mounting bolt and mounted the Stebel on the inside of the right bar. I had previously removed the right side bar and drilled holes for the wire to run inside the bar. One hole in the bar next to the top of the horn and one hole in the bar end that bolts just below the tank. I pulled 16AWG through the bar, installed grommets and sealed the whole thing in place with Goop. There are pluggable connectors on both ends of the wire for ease of disassembly for removal of bars or horn. It's a clean install and worth the effort.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Does anyone have good pics of this mounted on a DL1K? I'd like to get it inside the fairing, but all I've seen are are DL650 installation pics.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Stebel horn

Roo here greetings :-D I also have a Stebel horn and a photo would be great to get a second idea of mounting the horn :p

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Need to allow us in...

Forbidden

Your client does not have permission to get URL / from this server

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Slick, link works now.

You might check the mounting instructions. I think they suggest a more upright mounting position.

·
Forum Admin
11,174 Posts
Yea, they do, but I have had zero trouble with water intrusion, even under pressure wash. [See the little pipe by the red wire?]

Works ok for me :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Stebel Horn

Roo here :D Looks good the way the Horn was fitted , however i never received a wiring diagram could somebody help me please ;)

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
The mounting position(upright) could have something to do with integrity of internal parts over time and wear and tear while in operation in that position. The water factor can be covered with the use of some surgical tubing no matter what the position.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Horn location

I installed my horn in the same location just different works great the way I did it, if you want pictures I can email them to you.:mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
2,568 Posts
Wow, that's a horn and a half.
I've never seen one before.

Are they that much louder than stock?

Like 18-wheeler loud?

Or are they shrill, like the airhorns you hear at the stadium?

Maybe I need more horn? ;)

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Louder than Stock ?? Yup, mongo loud.

·
Registered
283 Posts
we got one in at work a couple weekends ago and all I can say is wow that is one loud sob. I had heard about the things for quite awhile and was putting up freight and there it was. after playing with it and seeing how loud it is i will have one, but am going to wait till i know i will have motivation to put it on before i get it. for now i would just be out riding instead

·
Registered
961 Posts
I installed mine up under the right hand fairing, fits and is out of sight.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts