StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I know a couple of your on the ride from Barrie had the Stebel horn.. I am not sure who it was.

I now have a Stebel but would like to see how you installed it. In particular if you have the 650.

(I have done a lot of searching and it looks like the right lower rad bolt makes sense but other suggestions are very welcome.)

..Tom

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
I noticed a rubber plug in the left side of the forward cylinder (there's also one on the right). I've got mine there for now. An M10 fine thread bolt will work. I went with this side since I was already on that side with the wires. I pulled the stock horn out and mounted the relay where it used to be. That saved me from extending the stock horn wires. It's only been on a couple weeks, but so far so good. I do need to replace the bracket I used since it is too flimsy (just used something I had on hand).

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Hey Tom,

I have a Stebel on my V. Its mounted inside the left fairing panel. Out of sight but certainly not muffled.

·
Administrator
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got tired of trying to find one locally and waiting for my local dealer to call me that they had one so I ordered from Twisted Throttle. I ordered the wiring as well.

It all came very quickly and I don't think I got hit for any duties or taxes.

..Tom

VTom,

Where did you get the horn from...locally?

·
Administrator
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Heavy,

How did you attach it? That seems to me to be a good logical place but I can't see any simple way to attach it.

..Tom

Hey Tom,

I have a Stebel on my V. Its mounted inside the left fairing panel. Out of sight but certainly not muffled.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Hi Heavy,

How did you attach it? That seems to me to be a good logical place but I can't see any simple way to attach it.

..Tom
I got 2 of these clamps to fit on the tubing for the fairing support.

I bolted them to a small steel plate which I had drilled to accept a bolt that fits into the mounting slot on the Stebel.

See below for a diagram to explain.

Top view

·
Administrator
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Brilliant! So two clamps attached to the tubing.. I see tubing running vertically that is on either side.. is that the right tubing? Sorry to be so dense.

There seems a lot of room in there.. has anyone ever considered putting a small "glove box" in there? In particular on the right side.

..Tom

I got 2 of these clamps to fit on the tubing for the fairing support.

I bolted them to a small steel plate which I had drilled to accept a bolt that fits into the mounting slot on the Stebel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts