StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone split their Stebel. I did with about 6" line connecting them. I have the horn (sound) portion facing forward. I'm just wondering if anyone else finds that the volume of the horn seems reduced with the sound portion facing forward. Or is it due to the wind blowing directly into the sound portion that reduces the sound level. Maybe I'm better turning the horn sideways instead?

Cheers
Al

·
Premium Member
3,132 Posts
I thought about separating it, but it doesn't appear to come apart easily. I was afraid of breaking it, so i left it as-is.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I've seperated two Stebels on two different bikes (one is the Wee). One Stebel has gone over 18,000 miles and the other has about 20,000 miles on it.
I used Tygon 2 fuel line to join the compressor to the trumpet. This hose just press fits inside the trumpet, and onto the compressor, with no extra ties or clamps. There isn't any difference in sound, but I have angled my plastic trumpets downward so that rain and other water will easily flow out of them if it gets inside.
I have photos of my installation if anyone is interested. I was just too lazy to post them yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts