·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I think it covers any owner.

Others will verify...

·
Registered
18,799 Posts
Yes a recall is a recall regardless of owner. And no stator recall/redesign failures that I’ve heard of.

·
Registered
268 Posts
F.Y.I., Big B, I just had my new stator (that I had to buy & install myself last year, no dealer within 140 miles of here now...) take a dump on me. I had also changed to the non shunt type of regulator I got from RoadsterCycle.
I just might go with an Electrosport unit next time. $135.oo vs. $200.oo is a lot easier for me to deal with right now...
I'm going to look for thumbscrews for case retaining bolts as that this is #4 so far for my '15.
This whole operation is getting kind of redassin' at this point for me.
The only non stock mod is a volt meter.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you are having intermittent stator issues after the recall, check the mounting screws for the crank shaft positions sensor. Mine loosened over time. I found one of the socket head cap screws in the bottom of the crank case.

·
Premium Member
2018 V-Strom 1000
111 Posts
Anyone know if it’s possible for Suzuki or a dealer to determine if a recall was done based on VIN? I will soon be the third owner of a 2013 DL650 and seller does not know if it was done.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
For those looking for the new / recall-replaced stator label photos, please see post 681, and other posts, nearby.

I've spent some time, today, in this very long thread, reading, and searching...

The numbers, on my stator cable, silver label, are 17G1 6K19.

Reactions: DesertBike

·
Farkle Purchasing System
3,306 Posts
How would you feel about a 2015 DL650A that puts 13.4V on the battery at idle?

Going by my old Vee, that's too low.

Voltage went to14.2-14.5V with 3000-5000 rpms.

FWIW: zero electrical accessories on this Wee2, it's totally stock. Bike was well warmed up and idling at around 1200 RPM.

I went through a whole ordeal with the charging system on my 2007 Vee. I am not doing that again. With that bike, low charging voltage at idle was an early symptom of a failing stator. Once the problem was fully fixed, charging voltage never dipped below 14.5V, from idle to 5000 rpm, unless I was using too much heated gear.

The Wee2 in question (2015) has just under 10000 miles on it. I was looking at it for purchase, but my instincts say to walk away. Even if the guy will budge on price, I don't want to deal with having the stator rewound etc.

941 - 952 of 952 Posts