StromTrooper banner

921 - 940 of 946 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
I Has anyone had a failed stator, or one close to it removed during the servicing? The nearest dealer has some negatives on Google reviews and I want to avoid a mess.

There have been plenty of failed stators. Whether they were caught during the recall is unimportant to me. The recall is free and offers peace of mind. Risking getting stranded due a known problem that could be prevented doesn’t make sense to me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes it was a dumb question on my part. I've scheduled work with a nearby dealership, who has a kit in stock. Says it will take 2-3 hours so I'll leave the bike (there was no offer made to pick it up).

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
We can add another one to the list.

My '12 Wee stator is to be replaced via recall tomorrow, I hope. I'm to drop it at a "nearby" dealer this PM.

Bike has 37K miles and runs great...
Done. No issues.

Reactions: wingstrom

·
Registered
242 Posts
Does anyone have the part # for the latest recall replacement stator?
I did Roadster cycle's full Kahuna r/r upgrade kit & installed a new Electrosport stator yesterday.
Long story short, I Now have NO output from the Electrosport unit and need to be sure I have the latest & greatest when I replace it again.
Due to cutting off & soldering instead of using the stock harness's plug,I am sure, will void any warranty it otherwise would have had...
Aftermarket sources for o.e. parts you might suggest I go thru will be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Does anyone have the part # for the latest recall replacement stator?
I did Roadster cycle's full Kahuna r/r upgrade kit & installed a new Electrosport stator yesterday.
Long story short, I Now have NO output from the electrosport unit and need to be sure I have the latest & greatest when I replace it again.
Aftermarket sources you might suggest I go thru will be appreciated.
part # on my stator recall work order for my '13 dl650....32100-17820-RX0

·
Registered
242 Posts
part # on my stator recall work order for my '13 dl650....32100-17820-RX0
Now if I can just find someplace to buy it from...

Thanks!!! :punk:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Is this a recall that would be an NTSB related recall? I ask because I'm looking at a '12 V Strom 650 & when I searched Suzuki's website & found a "check for recalls" spot & entered the VIN, it returned "there are no open recalls on this vehicle". Do I assume that the recall(s) have been addressed? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
242 Posts
Now if I can just find someplace to buy it from...

Thanks!!! :punk:
Bike Bandit has them in stock now F.Y.I..
Smooth installation & everything as it should be now.
:cheers2:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just took my L3 in for service. I bought it used, and two recalls were outstanding including the stator. Thanks to the knowledge on this board I knew better what to expect, and asked for the oil filter to be changed. Unfortunately they tried to charge me $70 for an oil change but after informing them again about how it was supposed to work I ended up paying “just” $15 for the filter.

Overall it was ok. Dropped it off for the day and it ended up taking 1.5 days. Apparently they didn’t understand all the work involved with the valve clearance recall. Anyway, everything seems to be ok. Wish I would have taken more pics before the work because they routed the stator cable so that it touches one of the cylinders and I’m not sure if i need to redo that.

I thought I’d attach a pic of my “silver band” so folks could see what numbers are showing up in current recall parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Mine is going in next week for the stator, they said there was no open recall on tappets and brake light switch. I asked how much to drain all the oil and a new filter while they were working on it, only $125. for fresh oil and filter. I guess I'll be doing my own oil change.

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Unfortunately they tried to charge me $70 for an oil change but after informing them again about how it was supposed to work I ended up paying “just” $15 for the filter.
I thought I’d attach a pic of my “silver band” so folks could see what numbers are showing up in current recall parts.
What dealer, was this?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Just took my L3 in for service. I bought it used, and two recalls were outstanding including the stator. Thanks to the knowledge on this board I knew better what to expect, and asked for the oil filter to be changed. Unfortunately they tried to charge me $70 for an oil change but after informing them again about how it was supposed to work I ended up paying “just” $15 for the filter.

Overall it was ok. Dropped it off for the day and it ended up taking 1.5 days. Apparently they didn’t understand all the work involved with the valve clearance recall. Anyway, everything seems to be ok. Wish I would have taken more pics before the work because they routed the stator cable so that it touches one of the cylinders and I’m not sure if i need to redo that.

FarmTruck,
Would you identify where this "silver decal" is?

·
Administrator
13,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #935 (Edited)
Check out page 35 of this thread
Page numbers aren't necessarily helpful as it's possible to have different numbers of posts per page.

I see ** this** post, which is the last post as of my writing, as on page 24.

..Tom

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Mine is going in next week for the stator, they said there was no open recall on tappets and brake light switch. I asked how much to drain all the oil and a new filter while they were working on it, only $125. for fresh oil and filter. I guess I'll be doing my own oil change.
:surprise:

Wow, must be a special oil change. OEM suzuki parts, $13 ($10 at RM ATV) for the OF and 3 quarts of Ecstar mineral oil, around $18 bucks.

I pay $8 for a Fram OF and $24 for a gallon of Ecstar 10w-40. DIY.

Anyone have a silver band stator fail yet?

921 - 940 of 946 Posts