StromTrooper banner

901 - 920 of 946 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Did you grab the wires near the engine or near the regulator? The wires near the engine are going to be hot. You have copper conducting engine heat there unless the engine was cold. If near the regulator, I would suspect the connector.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Did you grab the wires near the engine or near the regulator? The wires near the engine are going to be hot. You have copper conducting engine heat there unless the engine was cold. If near the regulator, I would suspect the connector.
Nearer the regulator. On the right side of the engine by the connector. I had the connector burn up on my SV once. Cut out the wires and spliced in some nickel plate wire to the connector. Been fine since.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Stator replaced but wiring to my gear positioning indicator not secured and rubbed against my chain sprocket causing a FI light to come on. The guy who replaced my stator had 30 years experience as a motorcycle mechanic. However, good things come from bad. I found a motorcycle shop that just does maintenance, has 3 full time experienced mechanics and 2 apprentices. These 5 mechanics own 60 motorcycles between them, the shop is a menagerie of moto madness (the good kind) and no question is stupid. If you want you can wrench with their assistance. Need more of these shops!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Just had mine done, and, I don't think it's related, but my headlights wouldn't come on this morning.
I wiggled the switch and they started working. I haven't inspected the work yet, either. Should do that just to keep my skepticism healthy.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I too had the same woes of the dealer not willing to order the stator without the bike present. After calling a third dealer, I finally found someone eager to order the part based on my word and the letter I held in my hand. The dealer will call when the part is in and I will schedule service. I’ll gladly ride further for better service.
The other two unnamed dealers found in Millstone and Edison reconfirmed my thoughts of already of poor customer service and power trip service techs.
Mt. Holly Motorsports offered great service. I'm happy about the recall, oil/filter change bonus. It was worth the trip...even in the cold.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great, thanks for the synopsis ...

Last summer my stator burned too and I just figured it out as you said the kit # replaced is not what are they putting now in so I'll have to make another visit to the service shop ... The cost of OEM part,battery and work was rather high .. I am going to file for whole reimbursement too.

Please people keep us/me updated how they treat your requests.
I forgot to update you guys but I got reimbursement from Suzuki I got all the money back. :smile2:

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Woo-hoo, I got my recall notice today! If only I hadn't sold the bike four years ago.....

·
Registered
725 Posts
Hi all, does anyone know if the recall stator the dealer is using to replace these bikes is available at the OEM parts dealers yet?
I'm asking because, if I have to replace it on the 2011 Wee (not part of the recall) I would like to get the latest one.
Bike Bandit has an OEM listing on part# 32101-17G13. That's newer than the G12 that others are listing.

H.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Hi all, does anyone know if the recall stator the dealer is using to replace these bikes is available at the OEM parts dealers yet?
I'm asking because, if I have to replace it on the 2011 Wee (not part of the recall) I would like to get the latest one.
Bike Bandit has an OEM listing on part# 32101-17G13. That's newer than the G12 that others are listing.

H.
To answer your question, I bought the 32101-17G13 through Bike Bandit 2 or 3 months ago and have installed as have several others by now.

·
Registered
725 Posts
To answer your question, I bought the 32101-17G13 through Bike Bandit 2 or 3 months ago and have installed as have several others by now.
Thanks for the info. I think it's only a matter of time before I need one on my 2011 and want to get the right one.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Fixing the oil leak by my valve cover gasket I noticed a bit of oil coming out of the stator output wires. :confused:

I'll keep an eye on it for a while if it becomes an issue.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just had mine done, and, I don't think it's related, but my headlights wouldn't come on this morning.
I wiggled the switch and they started working. I haven't inspected the work yet, either. Should do that just to keep my skepticism healthy.
Mine does this the starter button sticks and the lights wont turn on. I cleaned the button and now they do

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts

H.
my repair order for stator warranty replacement lists #32100-17820-RX0

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Mine does this the starter button sticks and the lights wont turn on. I cleaned the button and now they do

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
https://www.stromtrooper.com/information-vault/71046-headlight-problems.html

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
We can add another one to the list.

My '12 Wee stator is to be replaced via recall tomorrow, I hope. I'm to drop it at a "nearby" dealer this PM.

Bike has 37K miles and runs great. Essentially bone stock. No known stator issues.

I'm riding more again, now, and if I run the mileage up to 40K miles before really cold weather I think I'll give it its first real valve check and, very likely, adjust. Plan to do that work myself.

Dealer has been very easy to work with so far. Keeping my fingers crossed.

:smile2:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I haven't done the stator recall work on my 2012 and have about 17k miles (16k in the last 3 years). I have no aftermarket accessories or charging issues. Suzuki is sending warning postcards with my VIN. Has anyone had a failed stator, or one close to it removed during the servicing? The nearest dealer has some negatives on Google reviews and I want to avoid a mess.

901 - 920 of 946 Posts