StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone could help with a problem I'm having (or point me to a thread if it's already addressed elsewhere; I did a search, but didn't find anything).

My battery wasn't charging, and a multimeter test showed no change in voltage whatsoever from revving the engine. So, likely r/r or stator problem. Took it into a shop. They tested the cables from the stator, and found all three leads were grounded out. But when they opened up the stator, it looked pristine -- the mechanic said it looked brand new. The shop's solution is to install a new stator to fix the ground problem, and I've got no problem doing that, so long as that's likely to fix it Anyone know whether there might be another problem we should be looking at?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
If there is continuity between the windings and ground, it doesn't matter whether anything else may be wrong. It's dead. Test the R/R too but the stator needs to be replaced or rewound.

·
Registered
22,310 Posts
not sure what year wee you have, I suspect the newer 400w wees will have the same issues as the 400w Vees burning up stators cause of weak RRs, 400watts is 30amps and Suzuki is not known for overdesign of its electrical systems

when the stator in my Vee fried, I opted to also replace the RR with a 50amp MOSFET as well

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
371 Posts
The running option on those stators and regulators are 'designed to fail' my old GS had the same weak point aftermarket alternatives quickly solved that. when that regulator goes the MOS... will be in ....

how many miles will those things last it seems some have the issue and others do not. I just rolled 24k but all my connections still look good except that regulator gets hot to the touch hot on long runs of 10 hours or more

·
Registered
371 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts