StromTrooper banner

161 - 165 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I haven't had a chance yet to pull off my cover and check the magnets, maybe today after work... but as for torqueing the rotor center bolt, I was thinking that a person could put it into 3rd? gear or so, and have someone else hold the rear brake. Which should hold things nice and tight. OR option 2 if they have an impact gun, get a torque stick of the appropriate torque and have at 'er.

I really did not like the idea of putting 115ft lb of static torque through everything when the engineering was all based on a motor that puts out I think 55ft lb of rotational torque. It seems like a bad idea in my books.

I made something up from a 2x2 aluminum square stock, didnt take all that long and gave me peace of mind.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Got my rebuilt magnet/flywheel assembly installed and tested now, just under 90v at 5000 rpm
Not bad since I had to JB one of the magnets that was broken in two back together :)
Happy with that but wondering about balance...

Did you guys worry about balancing the flywheel after adding the mass of the JB weld?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I really did not like the idea of putting 115ft lb of static torque through everything when the engineering was all based on a motor that puts out I think 55ft lb of rotational torque. It seems like a bad idea in my books.

I see your point. Might have to build a similar tool. Got my cover off today and NEED to break out the JB Weld Also was a little concerned about the windings. Notably the one where the screwdriver handle is... until I removed it from the cover and saw that it was due to the way the wires are attached. Although as I look at the picture the few that are clockwise / to the left of the screwdriver seem a bit darker than the rest.

Does anyone know the thread size and pitch of the bolt/tool to pull the rotor. I think it is 21 x 1.5 mm?

161 - 165 of 165 Posts