StromTrooper banner
21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
I believe you are asking if the wheel hub is in the true center. I can only assume it is. If that is not what you mean, I may need an explanation. Sorry!

I bought the bike with about 20,000 miles and the tires were ~12 years old. They still had tread and rode quite smooth but I felt it best to change them given the age (I know that is a whole different conversation). They were Anakee Adventures and I liked the feel. I was unable to locate the same tires but did find Shinko 705s at my local Cycle Gear. They mounted and balanced the tires but I can feel a very low (but constant) buzzing that was not there before. My wife sometimes rides on the back and she could definitely feel the vibration. I could also hear the tires on the road which is not something I experienced with the older Anakee tires. I decided I wanted to balance myself (if that was the issue) so I purchased a static balancer and weights from Rocky Mountain ATVMC.
For what it’s worth, I put on a new Shinko 705 for a trip to Alaska that I’m now on. I could immediately feel a little slow speed roughness compared to the Avon Trailrider that it replaced. I think the roughness you may be feeling is just the blockier tread pattern.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts