StromTrooper banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
Without. It’s a hassle to balance with it on.

A little physics comment here too. The sprocket is very close to the axle and center of rotation of your wheel. An imbalance near the axle is not nearly as important as an imbalance at the outer diameter of your wheel where the tire’s weight acts.

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
Excellent, thank you. Another question I forgot to ask... Since the wheel is so wide, should the weights be spread out on both sides, or is placing the weights on a single side sufficient?
I split the weights between the left and the right. If my wheel needs more than 1.5 ounces, I break the tire bead, rotate the tire 180 degrees and try again. If it’s still way out of balance, I live with it and cross the tire of my buy again list.

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
@TinMan88 may mean runout, both axial and lateral. If not I’m clueless too. Runout is just if the rim wobbles L to R, or seems to move up and down. Just spin the rim and use a pointer like a wood dowel held near the rim to check.

As for vibration, you are running a lower quality tire than what was on it previously. The tires you have use a more aggressive tread block also. I am not criticizing Shinko’s as many here like them.

I am running Anakee Adventures myself. The Shinko may not be a radial either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts