StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Sometimes mine does too. This only seems to happen when the sidestand is down and the bike is in gear. Go figure!

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The usual culprit involves the switch at the clutch lever. If the clutch lever is not properly actuating a working switch that has a proper connection to its wires, the bike simply won't crank.

If the kill switch is in the wrong position or the bike is in gear with the side stand down, the bike won't crank, a CHEC will be displayed at the normal clock position, and the fuel pump will be cut off.

If the tip over switch is not installed with the UP marking on top or the ignition switch is not cycled after a lie down, an FI will be displayed in the clock position and the fuel pump will be cut off. I think the engine won't crank but I'm not absolutely sure.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put the key in, lights come on, kick stand is up and the clutch is in, flip the switch and push the button and the lights just shut off and then come back on when I release the button. I then shake the bike and it starts.......retry and it fires right up.....hehe! Something is loose I assume, just need to find where the battery is. :rolleyes1:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts