StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My starter button switch has been sticking, had no idea it was the problem until I took it out at night and the headlights were not on....hehe! If you are ever riding and your bike sounds strange when u use the clutch, look down at your starter button near your right thumb and see if its still pressed in.......:headbang:

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Could be fried contacts due to the large current flowing to the headlights and the lack of a headlight relay. Many have installed a headlight relay to prevent similar damage to the switch/contacts.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Everything seems fine, will look into it further though. Only bad thing is I barely know what a screwdriver is....hehee

·
Registered
82 Posts
Starter switch

My St used to do that once in awhile. Bike started and worked as expected other than no headlights. There was a switch built in the starter switch to turn off the lights when calling on starter to maximise voltage to starter. Solved the problem by soaking with WD40 while pulsating the started switch with key off. Always solved the problem for a few months. Easy fix.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts